[MOD] Distant Terrain

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
zimmicks

Re: [MOD] Distant Terrain

Post by zimmicks »

Hi all - I am trying to use this and Mountains and HIlls mod together. I followed the instructions for the work-around, disabling the "enable improved terrain" in DT. It still doesn't look right.
I have Mountains/Hills mod loaded After the DT mod. Is there a build order I am needing to change? Anyway here is my Mod list I am running:

Distant Terrain
Enhanced Sky
No Dice
Realtime Reflections
Mountains and Hills

Here is a screenshot of the inlet of water near Privateer Hold (starting area):

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I thought using them both at a same time yields not visual improvements? Lets see

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

Mountains and Hills is not compatible with Distant Terrain.

The readme file of Distant Terrain also mentions this:
This mod is currently not working together with Mountains And Hills mod. It does not break stuff but you won't see the distant terrain or if you do it is wrong.
Unfortunately this is rather a issue of Mountains and Hills mod than Distant Terrain mod since M&H mod ignores the small heightmap from gamedata and does not overwrite it correctly so DT has no chance to generate correct distant terrain

CHOOD

Post by CHOOD »

I've been having an issue with this mod. I only have one other mod installed (Convenient Clock), yet everywhere I only see the HUD and far distant terrain. I've tried disabling the CC mod to see if it was some compatibility issue, and tried different settings combinations for Distant Terrain, but everywhere outside always looks like this (indoors is just pitch black). Everything is visible again when I disable Distant Terrain.

Do you know of a fix for this issue? I'm on the most recent build of DFU (0.10.22), running Windows 10, and used the .dfmod file in the StandaloneWindows folder. Thanks!

pango

Post by pango »

Welcome to the forums, CHOOD!

Do you have retro mode rendering enabled?
Because mods that use extra cameras (Enhanced Sky, Distant Terrain) are not compatible with this mode...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

CHOOD

Post by CHOOD »

I did have it enabled, haha! Thanks for the easy fix, it's working perfectly now!

Mind

Post by Mind »

Seems like I'm getting a weird bug with this mod. My distant terrain is disconnected from local, so there is a noticeable pop in while traveling using Tedious Travel. So there is a near terrain which is fine, then a large flat space and only then very distant mountains are visible
Attachments
2020_05_12_02_54_09.jpg
2020_05_12_02_54_09.jpg (311.23 KiB) Viewed 1514 times

pango

Post by pango »

Welcome to the forums, Mind!

Never seen that, are you using Terrain Distance of 1 in the advanced video options?
-- Charles Goodhart

Mind

Post by Mind »

Yes, this screenshot is made with terrain distance of 1. But it's pretty much the same with 4, just further to me

pango

Post by pango »

Does it happen everywhere, or just in that spot?
In the latter case, the pixel coordinates (as shown by "tdbg") or simply a game save could be interesting...
-- Charles Goodhart