[MOD] Distant Terrain

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Nystul

Re: [MOD] Distant Terrain

Post by Nystul »

awesome, thanks

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

ifkopifko

Post by ifkopifko »

Thank you guys, you are ... what was that word? Ah... "revolting". :-D

A have a bug to report though. When this mod is active, I experience some weirdness with foliage (trees and stuff). Noticed when I exited Privateer's hold. Some trees are not rendered properly, and it changes as the PC moves (only rotating the camera has no effect).

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

Thank you for the 7.2 update, I was holding out for a fix..
Btw, mine says 2.5.0 in the launcher...
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Midknightprince

Funky stuff is happening to some of my hills.
It seems to be the far away ones ?
I have only been to Privateers Hold so far, and I have tried with mods, without, and I tried at 60 FOV, up to 70
All I have turned on is enhance terrain, and show locations, on 7.2 x64bit..
Attachments
funky stuff 2.jpg
funky stuff 2.jpg (250.94 KiB) Viewed 2171 times
funky stuff 1.jpg
funky stuff 1.jpg (166.25 KiB) Viewed 2171 times

Midknightprince

Turning on terrain transitions fixes it, but it lags like hell when you zone (like super bigtime), and that dark stuff on the hill is actually the shadow of the hill next to me, it's not funkyness...
Attachments
Fixed.jpg
Fixed.jpg (146.41 KiB) Viewed 2163 times

Midknightprince

Yeah it's something with that spot, I fast travel all over the bay didn't see anything, I fast travel to the other side that bay by privateers hold, and now Gothway Garden is messed up, looking from the other way (south).
So I fast travel there and everything is fine.
I'm using the tedious travel mod to, so I'm not just showing up there.
All the other landscape looks good, it seems to be just that big Bay by privateers hold, when you don't have terrain transition selected..
Actually the landscape looks pretty darn amazing when you're riding around on it, I don't believe what you're doing with this thing man, my game looks goooooooood.....

Midknightprince

The ambient occlusion setting in the post processing mod, does not work with the latest version (2.5 .0).
I've tried all the settings, I even took all the Json files out, and started from scratch....

ifkopifko

Post by ifkopifko »

Some screenshots of the weirdness with foliage near Privateer's Holdand and something other experienced while running around that place (went across the bay and back with runspeed 100). If I just run from PH to Gothway Garden, everything looks normal.
Spoiler!
DistantTerrain bug1.jpg
DistantTerrain bug1.jpg (243.03 KiB) Viewed 2123 times
DistantTerrain bug2.jpg
DistantTerrain bug2.jpg (189.43 KiB) Viewed 2123 times
DistantTerrain bug3.jpg
DistantTerrain bug3.jpg (272.47 KiB) Viewed 2123 times

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

the disappearing foliage is something I encountered as well - will take a look at this first.

Issue with terrain holes when no terrain transition is activated is now more evident since terrain heights are more extreme. Not sure if we need to go with terrain transition all the time...

I have not tested with post processing effects mod - not sure why this happens with the ao

performance is another point I would like to see what can be done (I already had an optimizing pass over this).
@midnightprince: there is a fps drop whenever new map pixels are streamed in, it might be higher the more mods are installed and graph settings are maxed out. I am testing with high end pcs and it is ok for me. Noticeable but ok ;)

edit: I know now what causes the disappearing foliage... need to undo an optimization I did :(