[MOD] Distant Terrain

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Nystul

Re: [MOD] Distant Terrain

Post by Nystul »

I am in the process of fine-tuning. It is a tradeoff between realism and interesting terrain :P
With interesting I mean a bit less boring than before - it is not much more than having some hills and bumps in near terrain range :)

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

nice thing about the post processing fog is that it solved many issues I had with distant terrain and realtime reflections mod...
distant terrain fog is now the same for near terrain, transition ring and distant terrain - now everything looks much more like one whole thing
realtime reflections now correctly have the same fog applied to reflections

only thing I have to find out how to use fog AND blend into skybox now...

just because I like screenshots (post processing fog vs. blend to horizon (this has a visible jump in brightness)):

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Wow! Looking good! :shock:

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Nystul, thanks for your continued work on this and your other essential mods (Enhanced Sky and Realtime Reflections). This is what Daggerfall should have been. :)

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

mikeprichard wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:54 pm Nystul, thanks for your continued work on this and your other essential mods (Enhanced Sky and Realtime Reflections). This is what Daggerfall should have been. :)
thanks, this is motivating ;)
I would love to do so much more with the terrain but it is not easy due to (1) lack of personal skill, (2) unity limitations and (3) time limitations.

Anyway, new version is basically ready. Just waiting for the next live build to drop since it is not compatible with 12-Dec-2018 livebuild just with current master...

Btw, people should NOT activate both Mountains and Hills mod and Distant Terrain mod together if they want to see the terrain improvements
even if you deactivate the improved terrain sampler in the distant terrain mod settings while using the mountains and hills mod you will see holes between near terrain and distant terrain like in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvz0V4PBfYo at 5:17 and 6:34-6:41 if you try...

ifkopifko

Post by ifkopifko »

New LiveBuild is up, don't keep us waiting pleeeeeaaase. :-D Can't wait to see this in action...

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

unfortunately it does not have the most recent changes to WeatherManager class, my mod tries to use it but I get an error in log - we will have to wait for the next build I guess :(

Code: Select all

Error (426): The nested type `FogSettings' does not exist in the type `DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.WeatherManager'
edit: uploaded the version in the first post of this thread - will work with current code from master but not with latest live build

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I'm generating 0.7 builds now. The previous ones were just wrapping up 0.5/0.6 stable.

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

great thanks ;)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

First 0.7 builds are up now. These were generated from live master and have everything that's been added over last week.

I'll drop some more builds along with an article in a few days once I round out vampirism more.