[MOD] Mountains and Hills

A curated forum for approved mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
User avatar
Channel1
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:16 pm

Re: [MOD] Mountains and Hills

Post by Channel1 » Sun May 13, 2018 10:26 am

Sorry for asking, but would there be any easy way to implement some settings to change the magnitude of each different layer of noise...? I can imagine having way too much fun with this...

User avatar
Hazelnut
Posts: 1382
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:46 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD] Mountains and Hills

Post by Hazelnut » Sun May 13, 2018 12:53 pm

Uncanny_Valley wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 7:52 am
New version (1.01).

Made it as a custom terrain sampler, which should prevent people from spawning in the air :D Probably a bit faster and also made a few other minor improvements and fixes

See first post for the latest version!

6.jpg
Oh. That. That right there! That screen is simply amazing :o

User avatar
Uncanny_Valley
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:47 pm

Re: [MOD] Mountains and Hills

Post by Uncanny_Valley » Sun May 13, 2018 10:41 pm

Interkermit wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 10:26 am
Sorry for asking, but would there be any easy way to implement some settings to change the magnitude of each different layer of noise...? I can imagine having way too much fun with this...
I may add some customization options in future.

User avatar
Mosin Nagant
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:06 am
Location: Land of the Free, Home of the Brave

Re: [MOD] Mountains and Hills

Post by Mosin Nagant » Sun May 13, 2018 10:54 pm

Wow, this looks great! Having spent a lot of time in the more mountainous parts of the US, this really makes the terrain look much more realistic. Will definitely give this a try.
Previously known as LordMordecai on DXL forums

User avatar
Midknightprince
Posts: 1082
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:51 am
Location: San Antonio TX
Contact:

Re: [MOD] Mountains and Hills

Post by Midknightprince » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:52 pm

This mod seems to be not working with 7.2 ( dec 20th x64bit build).
Check out my YouTube Channel!

User avatar
mikeprichard
Posts: 683
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:49 pm

Re: [MOD] Mountains and Hills

Post by mikeprichard » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:03 pm

I'm not sure how active Uncanny Valley will be from now on given his recent absence, so it might be best to stick with the similar new features in Nystul's excellent Distant Terrain mod.

User avatar
Midknightprince
Posts: 1082
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:51 am
Location: San Antonio TX
Contact:

Re: [MOD] Mountains and Hills

Post by Midknightprince » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:11 pm

mikeprichard wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:03 pm
I'm not sure how active Uncanny Valley will be from now on given his recent absence, so it might be best to stick with the similar new features in Nystul's excellent Distant Terrain mod.
Just being consistent :lol:
Check out my YouTube Channel!

User avatar
Hazelnut
Posts: 1382
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:46 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD] Mountains and Hills

Post by Hazelnut » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:24 pm

Midknightprince wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:52 pm
This mod seems to be not working with 7.2 ( dec 20th x64bit build).
Seems to work fine for me on the latest code, it even works with the optimised parallel terrain generation code since I made it backwards compatible for terrain samplers. The only downside is that it's very slow.

UV, I would be happy to help speed up your code or if you put it online I could take a stab at it if you like?

User avatar
Midknightprince
Posts: 1082
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:51 am
Location: San Antonio TX
Contact:

Re: [MOD] Mountains and Hills

Post by Midknightprince » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:19 pm

Hazelnut wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:24 pm
Midknightprince wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:52 pm
This mod seems to be not working with 7.2 ( dec 20th x64bit build).
Seems to work fine for me on the latest code, it even works with the optimised parallel terrain generation code since I made it backwards compatible for terrain samplers. The only downside is that it's very slow.

UV, I would be happy to help speed up your code or if you put it online I could take a stab at it if you like?
I'll give it another go
Check out my YouTube Channel!

User avatar
Midknightprince
Posts: 1082
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:51 am
Location: San Antonio TX
Contact:

Re: [MOD] Mountains and Hills

Post by Midknightprince » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:12 pm

Yep, it works.
Hallelujah !
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Post Reply