[Mod] Convenient Clock

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Uncanny_Valley

Re: [Mod] Convenient Clock

Post by Uncanny_Valley »

Highyena wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 7:33 pm This makes things so much better, thank you!

I do have a request though. I'm using the simple text option, would it be possible to add an additional toggle to remove that extra detail at the top of the border (the "horns")?
I have updated the mod to version 1.01. I added the option to override any textures used. So you can easily remove the "horns" if you wish. :D

BansheeXYZ

Post by BansheeXYZ »

This is a great idea, I was thinking about requesting it last week. Time plays a huge role in the game, with all the shops and guilds having hours of operation, and it's very annoying in vanilla to have to hit a hotkey to know how long you need to loiter/sleep.

The "i" screen also tells you where you are, the day of the month, and legal standing. Seems like your legal standing should have just been integrated into the character stats screen. With a small enough font, you could just give time, day, place beneath or above compass. Thus making the "i" screen obsolete.

Highyena

Post by Highyena »

Uncanny_Valley wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 5:54 amI have updated the mod to version 1.01. I added the option to override any textures used. So you can easily remove the "horns" if you wish. :D
Thank you!

Sorry, didn't know what to call them. XD

BansheeXYZ

Post by BansheeXYZ »

I think I found a few bugs. Right now my i screen says "Fredas the 13th", but the mod says "Fredas the 12nd". So 12 is wrong, and putting "nd" after 12 is wrong.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Uncanny_Valley, this is likely because dates are zero-based in code. There are also helpers in DaggerfallDateTime to provide correct date suffix. See DateString() for an example.

Code: Select all

public string DateString()
{
	string suffix = GetSuffix(Day+1);
	return string.Format("{0} the {1}{2} of {3:00}", DayName, Day + 1, suffix, MonthName);
}
Rather than format yourself, you can probably just use DaggerfallUnity.Instance.WorldTime.Now.DateString(); to always get correct string here. There are some nice helpers in the date classes to already handle this stuff.

Hope that helps!

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

This mod is actually quite awesome...
Love the minimalist setting with just the sun, and the moon.
Check out my YouTube Channel!

BoneofMalkav

Post by BoneofMalkav »

Great Mod, loving it so far. But I did notice that the text only options ignore the Use Only 12 Hour setting.

Uncanny_Valley

Post by Uncanny_Valley »

BansheeXYZ wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 12:18 am I think I found a few bugs. Right now my i screen says "Fredas the 13th", but the mod says "Fredas the 12nd". So 12 is wrong, and putting "nd" after 12 is wrong.
Thank you for the bug report. Will fix this in the next update.

BoneofMalkav wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 12:38 am Great Mod, loving it so far. But I did notice that the text only options ignore the Use Only 12 Hour setting.
Hmmm... it works for me. Do you get the same result for all the text only options? Did you press "Save" after changing your settings in the mod menu?

BoneofMalkav

Post by BoneofMalkav »

Uncanny_Valley wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 8:06 am
BansheeXYZ wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 12:18 am I think I found a few bugs. Right now my i screen says "Fredas the 13th", but the mod says "Fredas the 12nd". So 12 is wrong, and putting "nd" after 12 is wrong.
Thank you for the bug report. Will fix this in the next update.

BoneofMalkav wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 12:38 am Great Mod, loving it so far. But I did notice that the text only options ignore the Use Only 12 Hour setting.
Hmmm... it works for me. Do you get the same result for all the text only options? Did you press "Save" after changing your settings in the mod menu?
Yes I do press Save when I change settings in the mod menu.

Uncanny_Valley

Post by Uncanny_Valley »

@BoneOfMalkav - I'm sorry, but I am unable to reproduce your result, the 12 hour setting always works for me as intended. I honestly don't know what it could be. What version of Daggefall Unity do you use? Is it for windows, Linux och Mac? 32 or 64 bit?

Does anybody else have this problem?