[Mod] Convenient Clock

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
BoneofMalkav

Re: [Mod] Convenient Clock

Post by BoneofMalkav »

Uncanny_Valley wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 10:29 am @BoneOfMalkav - I'm sorry, but I am unable to reproduce your result, the 12 hour setting always works for me as intended. I honestly don't know what it could be. What version of Daggefall Unity do you use? Is it for windows, Linux och Mac? 32 or 64 bit?

Does anybody else have this problem?
The May 12th Spells/Diseases Build for Windows 64x Bit on Windows 10.

Uncanny_Valley

Post by Uncanny_Valley »

New version 1.02 is available on the first page.

Changes:
  • Fixed the incorrect date and suffixes.

pango

Post by pango »

Hi,
Used along a mod that changes compass size, like Daggerfall Remaster 3.0 here, the result is a bit... strange:

Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

pango

Post by pango »

Hi,
The default time clock circle is a too bright at night, I made a brushed silver version,

(just copy it as StreamingAssets/Textures/Clock/TimeCircleClock.png)
Attachments
TimeCircleClock.xcf.gz
(128.86 KiB) Downloaded 241 times
-- Charles Goodhart

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Any chance this could be turned into a purchasable item? The only reason I haven't downloaded it, is it hits my suspension of disbelief.

The compass probably would, too, if introduced today, but:

1) It's far too convenient.
2) I've been using it for twenty years, so...
3) It's legacy.

...Hmm, idea: "Purchasable compasses and watches mod".
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

pango

Post by pango »

What breaks my own suspension of disbelief is minute-accurate time in the status screen :)
And I didn't enable date display in the convenient clock either.

My reasoning is that it's not really a clock, more like a visualization of your character circadian cycle; Just a visual clue to replace the "I'm starting to get hungry, it must be about noon" missing sense.
Ideally it could be less accurate and not have hour markings. But it's pretty much needed to know for how long you have to wait for a guild/shop to open without looking at the status screen, which is worse as seen before.

Which leads to the question... How do guilds and shops manage to open exactly on the hour?? :shock:
Maybe somebody rings a bell or something... yes, I've been raised in villages

I also just found this Reddit thread on the topic:
Do clocks/watches exist on nirn?
-- Charles Goodhart

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Let us not begin there, friends. We'll soon ask ourselves why darkness starts at 6:00 PM and ends at 6:00 AM year-round and why all stores in the entire continent follow the same daily schedule :)

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Jay_H wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:25 pm Let us not begin there, friends. We'll soon ask ourselves why darkness starts at 6:00 PM and ends at 6:00 AM year-round and why all stores in the entire continent follow the same daily schedule :)
Yes, but fortunately, those should be easier to mod. :P :) Add an arc to the path of the sun across the sky, and vary that arc by an arc based on the season. I think that's two signs and two cosines? ...Although trigonometry is hit or miss, miss for me. Heh. For the second, add a random factor based on region and/or city and/or shop.

...Should probably leave that one up to the player how crazy they want to make it.

...I dunno if DFU supports doing any of that, but the first seems like an easy mod to start with. Yoink!
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

CasualClark

Post by CasualClark »

Love the mod but it appears it has an issue during the day between 12 and 1, it still shows AM. If this has already been reported, regrets on the redundance.

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

CasualClark wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:08 pm Love the mod but it appears it has an issue during the day between 12 and 1, it still shows AM. If this has already been reported, regrets on the redundance.
When I went to look it up, I found there was no definitive ruling on whether 12:00 to 12:59 (noon or midnight) was AM or PM. So basically that one's a "pick your convention". :)

Edit: Not the mod author; just have info. :)