[MOD]_Mage Pack by AXO_All in One Pack 1.0 Released

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
King of Worms

Re: [MOD]_Mage Pack by AXO_All in One Pack 1.0 Released

Post by King of Worms »

These swaps are dangerous in a sense it breaks homogenity of a NPCs. BUT, the best way to really know, is to implement it and see it ingame. Just slap this non animated version to the game, post a screenshot and we will know much more :)

Its a fine art tho, thats for certain. Thanks for contribution!

AXO

Post by AXO »

I understand your point of view KOW but I hope and I believe that in the future all the npc will be redesigned and that there will be thousands of choices for the players ( I'm a visionary :P ) , but somewhere you have to start :)
in any case I usually do single packages for the new ones also for this reason.
Then to do what you say you should kidnap the original designers and make them redesign everything in Hight Resolution with new tecnology :lol: :lol:
everyone has his own style and probably nobody will ever redesign everything in one style is a titanic work for a single man, in an open source project and done only with the love and free time of the fans, i believe it is a compromise to which we should all go down. Finally thanks as always for your appreciation, they count a lot for me :D :D
Attachments
Screenshot (200).png
Screenshot (200).png (1.69 MiB) Viewed 3841 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Agreed :)

The ingame image looks quite ok, if It was for me, Id change just a few things:

- the effect on the hand holding a hammer looks strange, Id remove it. But if you want to create a magical effect around that hand while you animate this, that would look cool ofc

- the white reflection on the pliers standing on the ground looks distracting, Id just darken it.

- and I almost forgot, he is HUGE, Id reduced the size to something like 2/3 of this.

Just my 2 cents, do what you feel like ;) I can imagine this could be look fantastic when fully realized. Good luck!

AXO

Post by AXO »

King of Worms wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:53 pm - the effect on the hand holding a hammer looks strange, Id remove it. But if you want to create a magical effect around that hand while you animate this, that would look cool ofc
the idea is just that :)
King of Worms wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:53 pm - the white reflection on the pliers standing on the ground looks distracting, Id just darken it.
I can easy retouch it ;) thx for suggestion
King of Worms wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:53 pm - and I almost forgot, he is HUGE, Id reduced the size to something like 2/3 of this.
true , I still have yet to understand how to use xml files for resize :oops: :P

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I still have yet to understand how to use xml files for resize :oops: :P

same, workaround is, that you make the sprite smaller but keep the canvas size... so basically, the sprite is smaller than the canvas.

Like this (this is NOT ingame in my remaster, was just a testing)

OR:
xx (2).png
xx (2).png (525.59 KiB) Viewed 3821 times
Smaller:
xx (3).png
xx (3).png (540.29 KiB) Viewed 3821 times

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

King of Worms wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:17 pm I still have yet to understand how to use xml files for resize :oops: :P

same, workaround is, that you make the sprite smaller but keep the canvas size... so basically, the sprite is smaller than the canvas.
You need to set scale for one or both axes ;)

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<info>
    <scaleX>1</scaleX>
    <scaleY>1</scaleY>
</info>

AXO

Post by AXO »

thank Lacus I get it , is very simple :D this is reduced to 0.75 :)
Attachments
Screenshot (202).png
Screenshot (202).png (1.57 MiB) Viewed 3792 times

AXO

Post by AXO »

first steps of the animation https://imgur.com/a/mJVMpro

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

So where do I put this? The direction just say data files I put the file in the main data file and still get the vanilla textures, I put the file in mod and texture files with the same results am I suppose to copy all the images out of the file somewhere?

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Everything in the Textures folder you downloaded should go into the Textures folder in Daggerfall Unity:

/DaggerfallUnity_Data/StreamingAssets/Textures