Warm Ashes: Dangerous Dungeon Exteriors

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Midknightprince

Re: Warm Ashes: Dangerous Dungeon Exteriors

Post by Midknightprince »

So with warm ashes Wilderness encounters, the best way to do this thing right now is with either tedious travel on or off.

On: set it to about 2X speed, if you go any higher you can outrun the spwans, possibly Zone = no encounters, or backtracking every time you get to pop up ( not efficient and boring), so stay with two if you want to have fun...

Or you can play this thing with tedious off, but the time between encounters is going to be a while..

So just set tedious travel X2, every few minutes you get the message, interrupt fast travel and it's either something or nothing.

Lots of different encounters here, it does make tedious travel, and exploring the world funner ( yep that's right funner).

I've been playing this thing for a bit and it works, you just got to go slow and let it do its thing..
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Slydk1982

Post by Slydk1982 »

So im trying to get this work, so im sorry if im a bit slow :)
I got WAv2 and installed it as it says. But what about this wilderness encounter? How do I install that??
I tried something, so when I start a new char, it asks to enable WAv2 and right after, it asks if I will enable WA??
Does that mean both mods works??

Slydk1982

Warm Ashes

Post by Slydk1982 »

Hi guys :)

Im trying to use the mod Warm Ashes v2 and I followed the instructions. But I also want to use Wilderness encounter and im not sure how to install it.
When I try to install it as I did with WAv2 and start a new char, I get the message if I want to enable WAv2, I say yes. Right after I get a message saying the same thing, but just if I want to enable Warm Ashes, no v2.
Does that mean both mods works?? The install description is a bit hard to understand for a noob ;)

Jay_H

Re: Warm Ashes

Post by Jay_H »

Welcome :) You posted in the right place over in the Mods forum, but the mod creator has been on-and-off on the forums. I don't have first-hand knowledge about the mod, so I can't give a good answer. My intuition would tell me to accept the v2 and not the plain one, but I don't know. We'll just have to see if Kamer comes around to answer.

Hazed

Re: Warm Ashes

Post by Hazed »

following the instructions from the post Midknightprince made is how I got the mod to work for me

viewtopic.php?p=24167#p24167

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Slydk1982 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 2:14 pm So im trying to get this work, so im sorry if im a bit slow :)
I got WAv2 and installed it as it says. But what about this wilderness encounter? How do I install that??
I tried something, so when I start a new char, it asks to enable WAv2 and right after, it asks if I will enable WA??
Does that mean both mods works??
Yea, it should just ask if you want to install WA. WA2 is what it says it is.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

This thing is frigging sweet, you are awesome dude !
Check out my YouTube Channel!

theJF

Post by theJF »

Dear friends, I have read all the posts but I cannot get these quests to work. The quest log says that "Could not load quest 'WAQ00' or source file is empty/invalid." Obviously I am doing something that is dumb but if anyone can say exactly which folder and/or files from the zips are supposed to go into exactly which folder in the daggerfallunity structure that would be much appreciated.
thanks

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I'm not familiar with the mod's current iteration, but I can give it a shot. Did you move WAQ00.txt into the Streaming_Assets\Quests folder prior to running the console command?

theJF

Post by theJF »

Hi Jay, thanks for the help. I'm away for the weekend - will try this tomorrow night. Because your questpack was so easy to use I was flummoxed by this one seeming to be different.