Warm Ashes: Dangerous Dungeon Exteriors

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Midknightprince

Re: Warm Ashes: Dangerous Dungeon Exteriors

Post by Midknightprince »

2.5 ?
I'm late !

If you guys want to get this started for an already started game, copy and paste ALL WAQ files into quests folder, then type startquest WAQ00 in the console, you get the prompt and viola...(I think that's what you type), it's been a few months, but my old game is still going strong, I started this thing on lvl 1 and am 11 now, and have done a siege (Regen is super overpower with good Restoration), so it is doable, and I got a boat with the proceeds from all those guy's donations, and now I'm house hunting.
Sweet quest pack with Wilderness encounters..
Check out my YouTube Channel!

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

Every time I hear this mod referred to on theJF videos I hear War Mashes. :lol:
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

Vondur

Post by Vondur »

Really enjoy this mod. Created a bunch of interesting situations in my Let's Play series so far!
Adventure Art: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLFHRO ... VAelOQrl3Q

Let's Play Daggerfall Unity, DARK KNIGHT (No magicka): https://youtu.be/CO_WHL1cjNU

Let's Play Daggerfall Unity, MAD GENIUS: https://youtu.be/gPL9xKpvet0

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Warm Ashes Version 2.6

Big thanks to Jay for contributing some of his Perpetual quests to this project!

----------**WAQV2.6**----------

WAQV2.6
-Removed WAQ02 quest for for WAQV3 version of Keeps

WAQV3
---Wilderness Encounters---
-Fixed Gargoyle and Priest encounters.

WAQV3
---City Event's/Encounters---
-Added over 20 quests from Jay's Perpetual Quests mod pack to be used in city events.
--Added sounds to some of Jay's quests
-Random encounters in cities (Mostly passive during the day, though night will almost always bring a foe)

WAQV3
---Siege Updates---
-Added a 3rd wave of enemies.
-After level 5, enemies will begin to spawn continuously to pressure campers
-Wave 3 has a chance for special enemy spawns levels 5 and up
-Stronghold bosses will now get buffed as the player levels up
-Waves will have additional enemies as the player levels up
-Retreating is back, but no longer gives the player a message of failure.
--Retreat timer counts down when not in the exterior dungeon area (You can go inside of the keep)
---24 hours without siege completion will result in a "retreat"
-Can now fight outside the exterior chunk without retreat
--Enemies however will not call for reinforcements until the player returns to the keep
-Retreating from battle can cause a chance for a search party to be sent
-Added a chance for abandoned keeps, or smaller parties.

Known issues for siege encounters:
If a siege is triggered inside a keep, there is a chance of enemies not spawning fully.
This will result in the enemy not sending in reinforcements, therefore unable to progress a siege.
This doesn't break anything however, just expect a search party later on to track you down for attacking.

*Reminder to end WAQ02 in the older versions. If you ever have double the amount of encounters (Two at once), that isn't normal.
You have too many of one type running.*

Download:WarmAshesV2.6

Spoiler!
Horses not included!Image
Last edited by Kamer on Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

If you're using QP1 and Warm Ashes at the same time, I highly recommend downloading each one again now. I cut some quests and Kamer pasted them in, so if you don't update both you'll be duplicating content unnecessarily.

I'm very happy to see this mod progress! I plan on getting out of the ambient quest field and returning to the ordinary ones.

Also, Kamer put it in small print but I'm putting it in large:
Kamer wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:32 pm *Reminder to end WAQ02 in the older versions. If you ever have double the amount of encounters (Two at once), that isn't normal. You have too many of one type running.*

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Kamer wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:32 pm *Reminder to end WAQ02 in the older versions. If you ever have double the amount of encounters (Two at once), that isn't normal. You have too many of one type running.*
And to avoid some confusion, several events can happen at once, but if you get two sieges happening at once for an example, something is wrong. You can totally get attacked outside a dungeon and then get attacked in the wilderness almost instantly but if you get two different spawns by entering a dungeon it's likely cause the quest file is running twice. I did notice in some lets plays, that certain places would spawn two different sets of enemies.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

I've reuploaded the file as one of the Version 2 files for WA (WAQ01 - the Ruins encounter) was accidentally replaced with an experimental/unfinished quest that was unrelated.

alphaTECH

Post by alphaTECH »

Is there any problem with just deleting the old "kamer" directory and inserting the new? No latent problems with updated quests attempting to find instructions in files that no longer look the same or even exist?

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Your Daggerfall save file carries its running quests along, so deleting the files isn't enough. The game won't crash the quests just because the files are gone. You'll have to abort the quests altogether to ensure multiple threads don't run concurrently.

alphaTECH

Post by alphaTECH »

Hang on, does that mean my save is now permanently stuck with v2.5 Warm Ashes? Can I delete the quest data from my save and have it refresh with the v2.6 release?