Warm Ashes: Dangerous Dungeon Exteriors

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Kamer

Re: Warm Ashes: Dangerous Dungeon Exteriors

Post by Kamer »

This is probably the best fix I can come up with right now. It's very difficult trying to fix this issue since Recalling is a two part spell and can be triggered whenever the player wants. All this does is disable Wilderness Encounters when using Recall. The issue is that the game detects you leaving a dungeon by recalling but if the anchor point is inside buildings (And possibly inside other dungeons) the game never detects you entering the city or town they are located in. This could break horribly but it's my best solution so far in order to fix this and prevent encounters in locations that aren't in the wilderness.

Download:
WarmAshesV3.0.2

JagarTharn

Post by JagarTharn »

This mod is infuriating me in dungeons. I can't rest at all without a horde of enemies attacking me. I'm getting a random selection of like six gargoyles, a pack of tigers or a horde of human enemies just decimating me, all this at level 5. It's just seems completely broken and unbalanced for low level characters.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

JagarTharn wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:45 pm This mod is infuriating me in dungeons. I can't rest at all without a horde of enemies attacking me. I'm getting a random selection of like six gargoyles, a pack of tigers or a horde of human enemies just decimating me, all this at level 5. It's just seems completely broken and unbalanced for low level characters.
Wilderness encounters should be disabled in dungeons. Some people experience this bug and others don't. Did you use recall at all?

JagarTharn

Post by JagarTharn »

I had a quest where I had to use an enchanted gem to teleport into a dungeon for the dark brotherhood yes. Though I have had similar spawns when I entered a dungeon normally as well but this time was insufferable. It makes dungeons very difficult to get any rest in. Which kills my stamina. I have temporarily deleted the quest folders for everything but cities and graveyards since my first post. It's a shame because I do enjoy the mod very much and it brings alot of life to the game.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

**WARNING**

After a number of testing I've concluded that using the recall spell and anchoring inside of buildings/dungeons (That aren't in capitol cities) will break Wilderness Encounters. Quests that teleport players inside of buildings could possibly do this as well though I will need to test further on that. Don't anchor in buildings. The outside of dungeons/buildings are fine.

emmathepony

Post by emmathepony »

Hope it gets fixed, this mod is pretty much essential now for me.

BUBISHI

Post by BUBISHI »

@Kamer:
You have included an extensive guide on how to install the mod. I would like to know if I can update from 3.0.1 to 3.0.2 without needing to start a new game? Unfortunatelly I can't find information on updating. Your Quest Pack mod recommends just overwriting but I guess it's different with Warm Ashes, isn't it?

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Yep, overwriting is fine with quest packs. They'll take care of themselves.

BUBISHI

Post by BUBISHI »

Oh sorry, Jay_H. Credit for Quest Packs goes to you, of course. ;)