Warm Ashes: Dangerous Dungeon Exteriors

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Kamer

Re: Warm Ashes: Dangerous Dungeon Exteriors

Post by Kamer »

Jay_H wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:47 pm Hoorah :D Kamer's on a long-term hiatus so if/when this mod gets reworked is up in the air. For now people will be able to enjoy it with this fix :)
Just shipped out the HDD an hour ago. Should know the state I'm in by Friday. If it can't be fixed they will be able to salvage some data off of it at least.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Very good. Let's hope for the best.

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Kamer wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:43 pm Just shipped out the HDD an hour ago. Should know the state I'm in by Friday. If it can't be fixed they will be able to salvage some data off of it at least.
Good luck!
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Theres a lot of ppl hoping one HDD gets better :) lets bend the reality towards a succesful retreival of the data!

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

Thus still works for me on the current dev build (Github) so good good..
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Since the HDD is dead, I was planning to start work over again however I found my save files on my main HDD. I can rip the test save files that were using the current build but will have to rip the raw bits out which will take some time. I'll at least be able to save a lot of the dialogue, if not the entire thing.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

So the HDD restoration failed completely? If so, than my condolences. But the idea about mining the data from saves sounds promising!

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Perhaps a dumb question, but how different was the new version going to be from the old ones? You can use the quest files from the old versions as a template to save yourself some time, at least.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Jay_H wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:10 pm Perhaps a dumb question, but how different was the new version going to be from the old ones? You can use the quest files from the old versions as a template to save yourself some time, at least.
I rewrote everything for the new version. I just need to salvage the bulk of at least one quest and then use that to rewrite the rest using that. Mostly I'd like to at least salvage what I can from the Wilderness events.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

I've salvaged what I can and will be rewriting it mostly from scratch. I've officially started work on this again however it might be awhile before the next update comes out.