Warm Ashes: Dangerous Dungeon Exteriors

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Kamer

Re: Warm Ashes: Dangerous Dungeon Exteriors

Post by Kamer »

The Holy Knight wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:29 pm Loving this mod so far, quick question though, how often can random events occur? I haven't run across one so far
Wilderness events can occur every 30 minutes.
Every other event can occur when entering a location.

Getting an event to happen depends on multiple factors. Depends on certain skills, the type of event to occur and if an event is chosen at all. If nothing is selected or you have the skills to avoid the harmful encounters then the quest system resets till the next time you trigger it.

Wilderness resets every 30 minutes.
Exterior Locations reset every 24 hours.
Keeps reset every 3 days however this will change in a future update to be 24 hours like the rest.

The Holy Knight

Post by The Holy Knight »

Literally not even 10 minutes after I posted that I got one in the wilderness :D

hello

Post by hello »

Jay_H wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:45 pm What does "broken" mean? Warm Ashes will still continue to run, though you may introduce centaurs and barbarians into places they shouldn't be.
oh, alright then i've got something different. i'm getting the quest prompts that tell me i see something (many different things) and it will ask me if i want to "continue with caution" yes/no. but whatever i click nothing ever happens.
i remember it being different at an earlier point, usually something would happen when i clicked yes.
there were cool encounters all over the place, now i'm just getting random prompts that won't actually do anything :(
i thought that's the problem you guys were talking about.

edit: i've just had a look at some of the text files.. i don't really fully understand it but is this actually working as intended and my skills and attributes are simply too high to get encounters? if so i feel like that's not a good system.. high level characters with decked out magic gear need cool encounters much more than low level characters who will just run away because they can't deal with it anyway :(

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

I'll be looking into all of these issues. I've found a fix for the Wilderness encounters recall/DFU forgetting where the player is bug. I'll looking into decreasing /increasing encounter chances as well.

hello

Post by hello »

Kamer wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:28 am I'll be looking into all of these issues. I've found a fix for the Wilderness encounters recall/DFU forgetting where the player is bug. I'll looking into decreasing /increasing encounter chances as well.
awesome! i love warm ashes, can't play this game without it now.
just a suggestion: maybe you could turn it around on us and make encounters a lot more difficult for higher level characters. like check the player level and if it exceeds 13 or so (can you do that using the quest system?) you could sometimes have some large numbers of mobs spawn.

maybe get a randomized amount, maybe like 10-30+ depending on how high the player level is. get some of that "i'm fucked" feeling back that is so cool about warm ashes on a lower level character.
make us run away if we're not equipped to deal with it or at least make us fight strategically.

there is a fighters guild quest to kill 50 (yes, 50!) bats and castle sieges have a large number of enemy mobs as well, so DFU should be fine with it.. at least in exteriors. interiors might get really crowded.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Yes! I have been at work on the next version. I'm not going to share a whole lot but it has proven to be a beefier version than I expected. I did want to focus on some areas that are lacking like thieving. For an example, recalling in a shop will anger the shopkeeper who will want you thrown out. If you escalate the situation, you might be in for a rough time. Breaking into shops at night now will also be bit more dangerous with armed guards.

Spoiler!

rasonage

Post by rasonage »

Welcome to the forums. There are tutorials available in this post at the bottom in the spoiler section, and on the UESP wiki.
I read those... but the instructions do not cover this:
herpaderp.png
herpaderp.png (7.03 KiB) Viewed 2113 times
the "QuestPacks" folder has a sub folder of "Kamer" with a ton of text files... do I install those text files into the "...\DaggerfallUnity_Data\StreamingAssets\QuestPacks\ folder the instructions say?
or do I put the whole folder "Kamer" in there so the file path would be "...\DaggerfallUnity_Data\StreamingAssets\QuestPacks\Kamer\" with all those text files in there?
once I did or didn't do that, then do I extract the contents of the embedded "quests" zip file into "...\DaggerfallUnity_Data\StreamingAssets\QuestPacks\" or did all the stuff in the Kamer folder have that in there already?

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

If you're starting a new character, all you have to do is unpack that zip file into \Questpacks\. If you need to start Warm Ashes on an existing character, you need to also unzip the Quests zip into \Quests\ and use the console as explained in the tutorial.

rasonage

Post by rasonage »

sweet thanks!!

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

I noticed a lot of players click on passive foes in Warm Ashes so with the help of Ironman, you'll be able to talk with passive foes in the future. New lines of dialogue curtosy of Burin077. In fact Burin077 has already created a ton of new dialogue. This helps me focus on creating new encounters, and new ways of interactivity while he creates new dialogue at the same time.