Warm Ashes: Dangerous Dungeon Exteriors

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Kamer

Re: Warm Ashes: Dangerous Dungeon Exteriors

Post by Kamer »

CrazyFreak wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:27 pm Thanks for the update, Kamer! Unfortunately, it appears the link provided doesn't work. "The key you provided for file access was invalid."

Keep up the good work!
Strange. Well the links been updated and fixed.

RLTYProds

Post by RLTYProds »

Using this mod along with Tedious Travel makes fast traveling choppy, at least for me. Can anyone else test?
  • I'm using 1050Ti + i5 8400.
  • Didn't experience any major choppiness with Tedious Travel without the mod, but I did experience minor choppiness when using Tedious Travel with DFU 10.8, compared to the choppiness-free Tedious Travel with DFU 10.7.
  • Changed no settings and didn't add any mods, aside from Warm Ashes.

jedidia

Post by jedidia »

I didn't notice any additional choppiness with 0.10.8, but that might just be because TT is *always* choppy for me. I don't have a very powerful machine...

So you say you experienced the choppiness after upgrading to 0.10.8 *and* adding warm ashes. Is the choppiness still there without warm ashes? If yes, there might be something that changed in the core.
It is however imaginable that if your experience is otherwise completely fluent at a high framerate, the periodic lookups WA does can introduce some temporary lowering in the framerate, though these would be very short and very regular. It would be unexpected that this would be noticable but preloading the terrain isn't, especially on an i5, though.

RLTYProds

Post by RLTYProds »

jedidia wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:06 am I didn't notice any additional choppiness with 0.10.8, but that might just be because TT is *always* choppy for me. I don't have a very powerful machine...

So you say you experienced the choppiness after upgrading to 0.10.8 *and* adding warm ashes. Is the choppiness still there without warm ashes? If yes, there might be something that changed in the core.
It is however imaginable that if your experience is otherwise completely fluent at a high framerate, the periodic lookups WA does can introduce some temporary lowering in the framerate, though these would be very short and very regular. It would be unexpected that this would be noticable but preloading the terrain isn't, especially on an i5, though.
On a clean install + all my other mods bearing the same settings but without Warm Ashes...the choppiness is still there. It's a noticeable difference, until I enter another cell where it's choppy all the way. Maybe 10.8 did something with how cells are loaded. It was definitely smoother with TT in 10.7, with me being able to reach 50x speed without any choppiness before falling into the maps' void. With 10.8, I can't even manage 20x before the choppiness sends me to the void. Thanks for replying, anyways. :) I'll test out the previous versions of Warm Ashes + TT on DFU 10.7 when I get home.

limorkil

Post by limorkil »

Kamer wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:18 pm
limorkil wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:29 pm Is there a way to re-activate warm ashes if you previously answered "no" for a module when prompted?

I can see in the quest console that I "declined" the startup quests. How do I undo that or change it to "Accept".

Most mods you can enable and disable, but warm ashes is a manual install at the moment. I'm assuming that removing all the files and then saving the game and then reinstalling them will not work because the quests are in my save game.

Is there some kind of reset quest command?
Yes, check out the install on the front page. It will tell you how to install with an already existing save.
Unfortunately that was the first thing I tried. It does not work. If I had to guess I would say it is because the Save records that I declined the quest - but I don't really know.

I started a new game. It was no big deal.

limorkil

Post by limorkil »

After many hours of play, I ran into a glitch.

I arrived in a town. I am trying to sleep in the inn. But Warm Ashes seems to think I am still traveling. As I try to rest I get the popups like "You see a crashed wagon" etc. If I continue to rest I eventually get to the point where I get a message like "Oh what are you doing here." and then some enemies spawn in the inn room.

I know there are legitimate in-town encounters. These are definitely wilderness encounters. Spriggans, sabretooths, werewolves, groups of rogues, wandering priest, wandering knight,etc.. Obviously they are not all hostile but I cannot fully rest without eventually being attacked.

I admit I haven't tried running away and going to a different town, or leaving town and coming back. I tried quitting the game and restarting. Is there some console command to tell the quest I am not in the wilderness?

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

limorkil wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:35 pm After many hours of play, I ran into a glitch.

I arrived in a town. I am trying to sleep in the inn. But Warm Ashes seems to think I am still traveling. As I try to rest I get the popups like "You see a crashed wagon" etc. If I continue to rest I eventually get to the point where I get a message like "Oh what are you doing here." and then some enemies spawn in the inn room.

I know there are legitimate in-town encounters. These are definitely wilderness encounters. Spriggans, sabretooths, werewolves, groups of rogues, wandering priest, wandering knight,etc.. Obviously they are not all hostile but I cannot fully rest without eventually being attacked.

I admit I haven't tried running away and going to a different town, or leaving town and coming back. I tried quitting the game and restarting. Is there some console command to tell the quest I am not in the wilderness?
What did you do before this occurred? What version do you have? The wilderness quests end themselves when you enter town.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Preview of how passive encounters work in the next version. Talk with them as well as being able to get a quest from the people you meet.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Oh wow. Clickable mobs. With quests. That changes everything :D There's so much fun stuff that can be done with that. This looks amazing.

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

This is turning into so much more than just dangerous dungeon exteriors. In a good way. :D
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.