Warm Ashes: Dangerous Dungeon Exteriors

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Lokkrin Zhataros

Re: Warm Ashes: Dangerous Dungeon Exteriors

Post by Lokkrin Zhataros »

Lokkrin Zhataros wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:43 pm Warm Ashes – Issue With Hostile Encounters Indoors

Greetings!

Not sure if this has been discussed in the forums yet, could not find it.

There is an issue with Warm Ashes of spawning hostile mob encounters inside buildings and dungeons that is still popping up for me even with the latest version. It has also happened the last several months numerous times during a play-through of DFUnity for gaming streamer Zaric Zhakaron. For me I have had numerous bandit attacks and monster mobs within Inns when trying to rest, in Residents when doing a quest and in Shops. It’s actually quite hilarious! I’m trying to rest in an Inn and it gets interrupted by a mob of Centaurs or Bandits, or it tells me a “statue crumbles” and it’s Gargoyles chasing me out :lol: ! Once I had a priest visit me in a Fighters Guild. I also don’t have anything enabled that would allow mobs to “follow” me anywhere.

Here is a screenshot with proof of the unusual Hostile Encounters Indoors problem.
This is happening all the time for me. It's game breaking.

If this is a Bug it should be fixed (at least eventually). If this is a feature that some players like to have in the mod (this is understandable) there should be an option somewhere to disable it or provide an alternative version of Warm Ashes.

5 Bandits attacked me from inside a Tavern while trying to rest.
20191211132412_1.jpg
20191211132412_1.jpg (369.36 KiB) Viewed 2074 times

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Lokkrin Zhataros wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:03 pm
Lokkrin Zhataros wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:43 pm Warm Ashes – Issue With Hostile Encounters Indoors

Greetings!

Not sure if this has been discussed in the forums yet, could not find it.

There is an issue with Warm Ashes of spawning hostile mob encounters inside buildings and dungeons that is still popping up for me even with the latest version. It has also happened the last several months numerous times during a play-through of DFUnity for gaming streamer Zaric Zhakaron. For me I have had numerous bandit attacks and monster mobs within Inns when trying to rest, in Residents when doing a quest and in Shops. It’s actually quite hilarious! I’m trying to rest in an Inn and it gets interrupted by a mob of Centaurs or Bandits, or it tells me a “statue crumbles” and it’s Gargoyles chasing me out :lol: ! Once I had a priest visit me in a Fighters Guild. I also don’t have anything enabled that would allow mobs to “follow” me anywhere.

Here is a screenshot with proof of the unusual Hostile Encounters Indoors problem.
This is happening all the time for me. It's game breaking.

If this is a Bug it should be fixed (at least eventually). If this is a feature that some players like to have in the mod (this is understandable) there should be an option somewhere to disable it or provide an alternative version of Warm Ashes.

5 Bandits attacked me from inside a Tavern while trying to rest.

20191211132412_1.jpg
This is curious. I can only think people are using an outdated version. Could you show me what your wilderness folder looks like? I'd like to look at the files.

Lokkrin Zhataros

No worries. I am using the latest available version 3.0.3. Here is the entire folder directly from the game files if this helps.
Kamer.zip
(146.11 KiB) Downloaded 97 times

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Lokkrin Zhataros wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:07 pm No worries. I am using the latest available version 3.0.3. Here is the entire folder directly from the game files if this helps.
Kamer.zip
I don't know how people are getting confused but this is definitely 3.0.2. Version 3.0.3 has a new wilderness system WAQ_WildernessV2. None of the files you should be using are in here. It should look like this:

Untitled.png
Untitled.png (33.12 KiB) Viewed 1986 times

Just tried the download links and they all give me the 3.0.3 download. Please redownload and replace the older files.

Lokkrin Zhataros

Kamer wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:15 am
Lokkrin Zhataros wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:07 pm No worries. I am using the latest available version 3.0.3. Here is the entire folder directly from the game files if this helps.
Kamer.zip
I don't know how people are getting confused but this is definitely 3.0.2. Version 3.0.3 has a new wilderness system WAQ_WildernessV2. None of the files you should be using are in here. It should look like this:

Untitled.png

Just tried the download links and they all give me the 3.0.3 download. Please redownload and replace the older files.
Sorry about this. This was my bad! I was sure I had installed the latest version, apparently I had not somehow. On a recent stream by Zaric Zhakaron, he is still experiencing the same "wilderness encounters indoors" bug. He probably has not updated it either and is not aware of the new 3.0.3 version of Warm Ashes. I will see if I can ask and gladly inform him of the latest update in either his live stream chat or discord when I get a chance.

Thank you for your help Kamar and creating Warm Ashes for Daggerfall! I really like Warm Ashes a lot, I can't play Daggerfall without it! It's a must have when using Tedious Travels. The fortress/dungeon sieges are my favorite wilderness events.

Sorry again about the mix-up!

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Lokkrin Zhataros wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:00 am
Kamer.zip

Untitled.png

Sorry about this. This was my bad! I was sure I had installed the latest version, apparently I had not somehow. On a recent stream by Zaric Zhakaron, he is still experiencing the same "wilderness encounters indoors" bug. He probably has not updated it either and is not aware of the new 3.0.3 version of Warm Ashes. I will see if I can ask and gladly inform him of the latest update in either his live stream chat or discord when I get a chance.

Thank you for your help Kamar and creating Warm Ashes for Daggerfall! I really like Warm Ashes a lot, I can't play Daggerfall without it! It's a must have when using Tedious Travels. The fortress/dungeon sieges are my favorite wilderness events.

I spoke to him personally. He said it hasn't happened since the new update.

Lokkrin Zhataros

Kamer wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:20 am
Lokkrin Zhataros wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:00 am

Untitled.png

I spoke to him personally. He said it hasn't happened since the new update.

Okay, well that's good to know. Thanks for letting me know. Again, sorry for the trouble.

daggerdude

Post by daggerdude »

Hey, so i was wondering, is there any documentation on what exactly changes and what the odds are with this?

I've noticed some "proceed with caution" quest dialogues that don't appear to do anything, harpy/giant quest dungeons throw a monster at me every hour preventing me from resting (and can't be completed :/) and some crazy wilderness spawns. one was a neutral party who i could not dialogue with, nor would intervene to help fight monsters.

There was a keep encounter thing too.

IDK, i'm just not sure qhat exactly to expect.

Lokkrin Zhataros

daggerdude wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:49 pm Hey, so i was wondering, is there any documentation on what exactly changes and what the odds are with this?

I've noticed some "proceed with caution" quest dialogues that don't appear to do anything, harpy/giant quest dungeons throw a monster at me every hour preventing me from resting (and can't be completed :/) and some crazy wilderness spawns. one was a neutral party who i could not dialogue with, nor would intervene to help fight monsters.

There is no documentation of what Warm Ashes changes/adds in the game as far as I know. Warm Ashes does add quite a bit and not sure how to explain it all here.

I believe the "proceed with caution" dialog gives you a low chance to spawn an enemy encounter when you press either Yes or No. Also when resting in wilderness, enemy encounter spawns sometimes activate repeatedly preventing you from completing a rest, particularly at night. It's trying to encourage you to rest in Taverns where it's safe, when traveling long distances. When this happens in one spot very frequently, I try moving/traveling a little distance away from the spot I was trying to rest in, then try to resting again. Sometimes if it gets to be too difficult when resting in the wilderness, just travel to the nearest town and get a room in a Tavern to rest, then continue traveling.

Also, make sure you are using the latest version of Warm Ashes 3.0.3

cognatogen

Post by cognatogen »

daggerdude wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:49 pm Hey, so i was wondering, is there any documentation on what exactly changes and what the odds are with this?

I'm also having this issue as well as being attacked in taverns by gargoyles, imps, bandits, etc after double-confirming that I'm using V3.0.3; never actually used this mod before the current version. Also, not sure if this is intended, but I'm using the Archaeologists mod with high Language skills but they never trigger on enemies spawned from Warm Ashes.