Warm Ashes: Dangerous Dungeon Exteriors

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Kamer

Re: Warm Ashes: Dangerous Dungeon Exteriors

Post by Kamer »

Helegad wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:35 am Image

I've received this quest 3 times in the last 7 ingame days. Two variables are messed up too. I dunno if this is a Warm Ashes quest or one of Jay_H's, but it seems like a wilderness encounter.
This is already known. next version will fix this.

alphaTECH

Post by alphaTECH »

Kamer wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:05 pm
Helegad wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:35 am Image

I've received this quest 3 times in the last 7 ingame days. Two variables are messed up too. I dunno if this is a Warm Ashes quest or one of Jay_H's, but it seems like a wilderness encounter.
This is already known. next version will fix this.
Sweet! :)

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Not at my pc atm, so can't check, but is there a setting in Warm Ashes for how often encounters happen?

I notcie that sometimes I feel spammed with encounters when using Warm Ashes with tedious travel. But even worse is trying to rest in the wilderness. A night in the forest can easily end with 10+ frozen humanoids and a bunch of bear corpses before I am ready to leave.
Mybe the ratio of wilderness encounters could benefit from being adjusted down a bit? Unless other encounters, these get mixed in with the random wilderness enemy spawns, leading to a a bit too much action while traveling.

Speaking of frozen humanoids: is there a way to make them trigger the infighting mechanic? It's kind of weird to be fighting an werewolf that litterally gets stuck in all the frozen humanoids and no one reacts. Not to mention all the hunters who just stand there while I fight the bear they were hunting.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Ralzar wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:34 am Not at my pc atm, so can't check, but is there a setting in Warm Ashes for how often encounters happen?
Not at the moment.
Ralzar wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:34 am I notcie that sometimes I feel spammed with encounters when using Warm Ashes with tedious travel. But even worse is trying to rest in the wilderness. A night in the forest can easily end with 10+ frozen humanoids and a bunch of bear corpses before I am ready to leave.
I made night spawns more frequent to make it more dangerous, and to encourage finding a town.
Ralzar wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:34 am Speaking of frozen humanoids: is there a way to make them trigger the infighting mechanic? It's kind of weird to be fighting an werewolf that litterally gets stuck in all the frozen humanoids and no one reacts. Not to mention all the hunters who just stand there while I fight the bear they were hunting.
Not possible with base DFU, will need a mod for next update to release to support this.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Kamer wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:39 pm I made night spawns more frequent to make it more dangerous, and to encourage finding a town.
Some general suggestions below. I don't know what's possible or not, so just throwing out some stuff. I am not sure I'm using the newest WA at the moment, so maybe some of this is allready implemented in some form. (I usually update the mods when they get updated for a new live build. So I update livebuild and mods in one go.)

Have a different set of encounters for wilderness night, where there is less meeting people and more getting attacked by animals, monsters and humans that would prowl the night.

Change to a diffrent set of encounters when resting. This way you won't get a bunch of encounters that have text implying you are traveling when you are actually sleeping. Choosing to proceed with caution makes little sense when I'm sleeping.

Have resting reset quests. So the moment you sleep or loiter, all NPCs get despawned. This would solve the infighting problem for most situations since when you get awakened by enemies later in the night you humanoid encounter has moved on instead of just hanging around.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Party System test

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Oh wow, that is pretty cool. But what happens if you enter a dungeon?

pango

Post by pango »

This opens up crazy possibilities... again!

Time to learn heal on touch
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

JaceyLessThan3

Post by JaceyLessThan3 »

Great! If it is possible, a palette swap for the sprites to distinguish party members from enemy humanoids might be helpful.

Lokkrin Zhataros

Post by Lokkrin Zhataros »

Warm Ashes – Issue With Hostile Encounters Indoors

Greetings!

Not sure if this has been discussed in the forums yet, could not find it.

There is an issue with Warm Ashes of spawning hostile mob encounters inside buildings and dungeons that is still popping up for me even with the latest version. It has also happened the last several months numerous times during a play-through of DFUnity for gaming streamer Zaric Zhakaron. For me I have had numerous bandit attacks and monster mobs within Inns when trying to rest, in Residents when doing a quest and in Shops. It’s actually quite hilarious! I’m trying to rest in an Inn and it gets interrupted by a mob of Centaurs or Bandits, or it tells me a “statue crumbles” and it’s Gargoyles chasing me out :lol: ! Once I had a priest visit me in a Fighters Guild. I also don’t have anything enabled that would allow mobs to “follow” me anywhere.