Warm Ashes: Dangerous Dungeon Exteriors

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Narf the Mouse

Re: Warm Ashes: Dangerous Dungeon Exteriors

Post by Narf the Mouse »

I just got attacked by spawning imps outside a dungeon. Well enough.

There were at least 9 before they killed me.

..Er...
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

hello

Post by hello »

love the mod, very awesome to have all these random events while exploring. i hope you're gonna port it over to 0.7.32, as it doesn't seem to work anymore sadly.

is there any way for you to enable random encounters while wandering the wilderness? i don't have a clue what i'm talking about but i imagine you need some kind of trigger to make stuff happen, so that's why you need to visit a location to make stuff spawn?

would be really awesome to have cool random spawns just wandering the wilderness. just imagine the possibilties, especially when having AI infighting on: just walking around and running into an orc raiding party fighting patroling knights, maybe a flock of harpies, some adventurers trying to capture some experiments the mages guild keeps losing, maybe even big battles of rivaling kingdoms?

dude, if that stuff ever happens i might just say fuck it, quit my job and play this game full time :lol:

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

It is indeed very cool. :) This and the icon pack are the two mods I'm waiting for, to start playing 0.7.32.

If you need encouragement. Or if you don't. :D
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

This still works for me.
If this thing breaks I'm going to cry...
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Narf the Mouse wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:21 am I just got attacked by spawning imps outside a dungeon. Well enough.

There were at least 9 before they killed me.

..Er...
The version I was working on before the hardware crashed was going to fix this. For some reason the old version spawned every single possible enemy even is they were all at like 1% possibility. Sometime between versions the random selection at percentage broke and spawned everyone.

haloterm

Post by haloterm »

Thanks for the mod! I am a bit confused about the installation:
Install:
1. Extract the files into your "StreamingAssets/QuestPacks" folder
2. Place the WA01-WAQ04 files into your "/quest/" folder
2. All finished, start a new character and it will activate
In step 1, you write "the files", which means to me: all files of the download.

In step 2, you write that ONLY 4 files go to the quest folder (instead of the QuestPacks folder? This seems to contradict with step 1.)

So I assume WAQ01 to WAQ04 go to "quest", whereas WAQ00 stays in "QuestPacks"?

I am just wondering, because the quest files have an initial quest message (with a question if one wants to activate the quest), which does not show up in my (new) game.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

haloterm wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:06 pm Thanks for the mod! I am a bit confused about the installation:
Install:

In step 2, you write that ONLY 4 files go to the quest folder (instead of the QuestPacks folder? This seems to contradict with step 1.)

I am just wondering, because the quest files have an initial quest message (with a question if one wants to activate the quest), which does not show up in my (new) game.
Since Kamer's last version, the quest system went through an update that invalidated the WarmAshes quest list. So here's what you want to do:

2. In the /StreamingAssets/QuestPacks/Kamer/WarmAshes folder, extract the zip file I've uploaded. It should replace the QuestList-WarmAshes.txt that's already in there. (This version will function under the new quest system.)
3. Start a new character and the Warm Ashes option should appear when you enter gameplay.

I just started a new character and it loaded fine for me with this fix in place.
Attachments
QuestList-WarmAshes.txt.zip
(426 Bytes) Downloaded 122 times

haloterm

Post by haloterm »

Jay_H wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:01 pmSo here's what you want to do:
Thank you very much, that worked :D

hello

Post by hello »

Jay_H wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:01 pm
haloterm wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:06 pm Thanks for the mod! I am a bit confused about the installation:
Install:

Since Kamer's last version, the quest system went through an update that invalidated the WarmAshes quest list. So here's what you want to do:

2. In the /StreamingAssets/QuestPacks/Kamer/WarmAshes folder, extract the zip file I've uploaded. It should replace the QuestList-WarmAshes.txt that's already in there. (This version will function under the new quest system.)
3. Start a new character and the Warm Ashes option should appear when you enter gameplay.

I just started a new character and it loaded fine for me with this fix in place.
THANK YOU!!!!

reinstalling the game right now.
this mod not working for me anymore literally made me quit.

this really needs a reworked installation instruction!

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Hoorah :D Kamer's on a long-term hiatus so if/when this mod gets reworked is up in the air. For now people will be able to enjoy it with this fix :)