Warm Ashes: Dangerous Dungeon Exteriors

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Jay_H

Re: Warm Ashes: Dangerous Dungeon Exteriors

Post by Jay_H »

No. You can use the console command "purgeallquests" (which will abort all running quests) or "endquest" or "enddebugquest". The last one requires use of the quest debugger to watch its effect properly.

alphaTECH

Post by alphaTECH »

Alright, that's a bit too heavy handed... looks like I'll just have to bite the bullet and start over with v2.6.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

It's a pretty simple process to pick off your running quests. If you're really concerned, delete all Warm Ashes quests, then travel your character around for a month and save. Then add the new Warm Ashes. Every quest will have died off by then, so you should be free and clear without needing to start a new character.

Vondur

Post by Vondur »

Nice! So, its:

Load game
"endquest WAQ02"
save game
install 2.6
Copy the file WAQ05.txt into /DaggerfallUnity_Data/StreamingAssets/Quests,
**WAQ00 for Wilderness Encounters!!
load game
"startquest WAQ05"

Then just buy extra strong potions and go? :)

I dont know if I even have wilderness encounters running.
Adventure Art: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLFHRO ... VAelOQrl3Q

Let's Play Daggerfall Unity, DARK KNIGHT (No magicka): https://youtu.be/CO_WHL1cjNU

Let's Play Daggerfall Unity, MAD GENIUS: https://youtu.be/gPL9xKpvet0

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Vondur wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:13 pm Nice! So, its:

Load game
"endquest WAQ02"
save game
install 2.6
Copy the file WAQ05.txt into /DaggerfallUnity_Data/StreamingAssets/Quests,
**WAQ00 for Wilderness Encounters!!
load game
"startquest WAQ05"

Then just buy extra strong potions and go? :)

I dont know if I even have wilderness encounters running.
Yea basically. I forgot to edit the front page but if you want City Encounters/Sieges on your save also copy WAQ06/WAQ07 from the Cities/Sieges folder. It's very convoluted right now cause the quest pack is in a in-between state of versions. It would also be a good idea to see if you have any other duplicate quests running from Warm Ashes as well. There should only be one of everything running.

Install files for those events are as follows:

**WAQ00 - For Wilderness Encounters
**WAQ05 - For Warm Ashes V2 (Ruins, Graveyards, Labyrinths, etc)
**WAQ06 - For Cities Encounters
**WAQ07 - For Updated Sieges

Vondur

Post by Vondur »

ok thanks Kamer. How do I check whats running?
Adventure Art: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLFHRO ... VAelOQrl3Q

Let's Play Daggerfall Unity, DARK KNIGHT (No magicka): https://youtu.be/CO_WHL1cjNU

Let's Play Daggerfall Unity, MAD GENIUS: https://youtu.be/gPL9xKpvet0

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Vondur wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:51 pm ok thanks Kamer. How do I check whats running?

--**Ending a Quest**--

You want to open up the Quest Debug Menu.

TAB+Shift - Will Display this menu and currently active quests
[ - Browses through the menu left
] - Browses through the menu Right

When you have the quest you want to end on screen, you want to putt up the console.

` - Is the key to pull up the console where you can type in various commands.

enddebugquest - Ends the quest you have on screen

--**Steps for Fresh Install**--

So the steps:

1-Delete active Warm Ashes quests on your character. If you have multiple characters running it, you will have to do it for each individual character.

2-Delete the Warm Ashes Quest files packs within the QuestPack folder. Since I have not released another questpack, its safe deleting the entire Kamer folder for now. This will change later.

Steps 1-2 can be done in either order. They are to completely uninstall Warm Ashes

3-Install the new files like you would before. For information on how to install for an already created character, refer to Jay's tutorial. Otherwise, new characters will always be asked if they want to install it a the start.

And again for anyone that might have skipped over, these are the files related to installing certain quest packs for current save files without warm ashes.

**WAQ00 - For Wilderness Encounters
**WAQ05 - For Warm Ashes V2 (Ruins, Graveyards, Labyrinths, etc)
**WAQ06 - For Cities Encounters
**WAQ07 - For Updated Sieges

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

Armies begin to claim the strongholds of the world"
You are doing amazing things, and I thank you
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

I'm looking into retiring WarmAshesV2 and upgrading the remaining event location into Version 3.

Warm Ashes Version 3 already has:
-City Encounters/Events
-Wilderness Encounters
-Keep Sieges
-Graveyard Encounters

Remaining Locations from V2:
-Labyrinths
-Ruins

Once the remaining locations are done, focus can be placed on adding quests and leveling with the player to some degree. Sieges already to that to an extent now. Future events for V3 aren't decided for but may include:
-Farms
-Towns
-Covens
-Temple Homes
-Cult

Sieges might also have an another expansion along with them though I won't say for now how far I'm planning to go with it. It really depends on certain additions to the quest system. If they never come, then I will decide if I should proceed with them. If any of you are interested in helping out, feel free to message me here or on the unofficial discord channel. The only real thing I need are quests. WAQV3 was designed to easily be expanded on so additions can be made quick. JayH has already donated a ton that helped the CityEncounters/Events get finished early. Until then, Enjoy this random screenshot of me testing the new version of Graveyard encounters.

Spoiler!

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Warm Ashes Version 3

All older version exterior events been updated to Version 3 so no one is left behind.

----------**WAQV3**----------

WAQV3
---Labyrinth Encounters---
-Upgraded to the new system
-Has the most possible encounters so far

WAQV3
---Ruin Encounters---

WAQV3
---Graveyard Encounters---
-Night time Encounters - Events will now only happen at night
-Willpower is checked instead of stealth to avoid encounters

WAQV3
---Wilderness Encounters---
-Added Creature encounters
-Fixed issue of encounters sometimes happening in towns and cities (Do note if you triggered an event before entering it will still paly out.)

WAQV3
---City Services/Smaller Events---
-Stealth check changed to Streetwise to avoid encounters
Bards - Bards and their songs are restored. You can request a song, and they will play one of the 24 unused songs in the game.
Prostitutes - Also restored to the game. I've kept it as vague as possible. Nothing too detailed but its enough if you are into that sort of thing.
Bank Robbery - This is a test for future events of similar magnitude.
Warriors to enter Taverns - Warriors will randomly walk into Taverns when you visit, Nothing else, but a placeholder for maybe something in the future

As of right now they have no purpose other than immersion, but hopefully in the future I can give the player boosts for using these services.

WAQV3
---Sieges---
-Units will try counter levitation spells
-Will shield against certain spells

Overall
-----------
-Skill checks have been raised by 20
-Minor Fixes
-All old locations upgraded
-All event types are optional installations for player choice

Known issues for siege encounters:
-If you reload a save during a siege, DFU won't remember you entering the location so the retreat flag will start to run. You can get around this by exciting the location and re-entering.
-Reloading the save too much will de-spawn the enemies and you will not be able to complete the siege.

Download:WarmAshesV3

Also included is another zipped file that has the installation files separately that you can extract into the appropriate named folders. These are used for existing character saves. Any new character will be asked from the start if they would like to enable. Warm Ashes Version 2 is now outdated, please delete those files. Check the first post for installation details.