Warm Ashes: Dangerous Dungeon Exteriors

A curated forum for approved mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Post Reply
Narf the Mouse
Posts: 757
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:32 pm

Re: Warm Ashes: Dangerous Dungeon Exteriors

Post by Narf the Mouse » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:21 am

I just got attacked by spawning imps outside a dungeon. Well enough.

There were at least 9 before they killed me.

..Er...
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

hello
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:18 pm

Re: Warm Ashes: Dangerous Dungeon Exteriors

Post by hello » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:25 pm

love the mod, very awesome to have all these random events while exploring. i hope you're gonna port it over to 0.7.32, as it doesn't seem to work anymore sadly.

is there any way for you to enable random encounters while wandering the wilderness? i don't have a clue what i'm talking about but i imagine you need some kind of trigger to make stuff happen, so that's why you need to visit a location to make stuff spawn?

would be really awesome to have cool random spawns just wandering the wilderness. just imagine the possibilties, especially when having AI infighting on: just walking around and running into an orc raiding party fighting patroling knights, maybe a flock of harpies, some adventurers trying to capture some experiments the mages guild keeps losing, maybe even big battles of rivaling kingdoms?

dude, if that stuff ever happens i might just say fuck it, quit my job and play this game full time :lol:

Narf the Mouse
Posts: 757
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:32 pm

Re: Warm Ashes: Dangerous Dungeon Exteriors

Post by Narf the Mouse » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:07 am

It is indeed very cool. :) This and the icon pack are the two mods I'm waiting for, to start playing 0.7.32.

If you need encouragement. Or if you don't. :D
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

User avatar
Midknightprince
Posts: 1081
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:51 am
Location: San Antonio TX
Contact:

Re: Warm Ashes: Dangerous Dungeon Exteriors

Post by Midknightprince » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:49 pm

This still works for me.
If this thing breaks I'm going to cry...
Check out my YouTube Channel!

User avatar
Kamer
Posts: 331
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:26 pm

Re: Warm Ashes: Dangerous Dungeon Exteriors

Post by Kamer » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:27 am

Narf the Mouse wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:21 am
I just got attacked by spawning imps outside a dungeon. Well enough.

There were at least 9 before they killed me.

..Er...
The version I was working on before the hardware crashed was going to fix this. For some reason the old version spawned every single possible enemy even is they were all at like 1% possibility. Sometime between versions the random selection at percentage broke and spawned everyone.

haloterm
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:21 am

Re: Warm Ashes: Dangerous Dungeon Exteriors

Post by haloterm » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:06 pm

Thanks for the mod! I am a bit confused about the installation:
Install:
1. Extract the files into your "StreamingAssets/QuestPacks" folder
2. Place the WA01-WAQ04 files into your "/quest/" folder
2. All finished, start a new character and it will activate
In step 1, you write "the files", which means to me: all files of the download.

In step 2, you write that ONLY 4 files go to the quest folder (instead of the QuestPacks folder? This seems to contradict with step 1.)

So I assume WAQ01 to WAQ04 go to "quest", whereas WAQ00 stays in "QuestPacks"?

I am just wondering, because the quest files have an initial quest message (with a question if one wants to activate the quest), which does not show up in my (new) game.

User avatar
Jay_H
Posts: 2489
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:54 am

Re: Warm Ashes: Dangerous Dungeon Exteriors

Post by Jay_H » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:01 pm

haloterm wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:06 pm
Thanks for the mod! I am a bit confused about the installation:
Install:
1. Extract the files into your "StreamingAssets/QuestPacks" folder
2. Place the WA01-WAQ04 files into your "/quest/" folder
2. All finished, start a new character and it will activate
In step 1, you write "the files", which means to me: all files of the download.

In step 2, you write that ONLY 4 files go to the quest folder (instead of the QuestPacks folder? This seems to contradict with step 1.)

So I assume WAQ01 to WAQ04 go to "quest", whereas WAQ00 stays in "QuestPacks"?

I am just wondering, because the quest files have an initial quest message (with a question if one wants to activate the quest), which does not show up in my (new) game.
Since Kamer's last version, the quest system went through an update that invalidated the WarmAshes quest list. So here's what you want to do:

1. Extract the files into your "StreamingAssets/QuestPacks" folder
2. In the /StreamingAssets/QuestPacks/Kamer/WarmAshes folder, extract the zip file I've uploaded. It should replace the QuestList-WarmAshes.txt that's already in there. (This version will function under the new quest system.)
3. Start a new character and the Warm Ashes option should appear when you enter gameplay.

I just started a new character and it loaded fine for me with this fix in place.
Attachments
QuestList-WarmAshes.txt.zip
(426 Bytes) Downloaded 40 times
Come join the Unofficial Daggerfall Unity Discord.
Try the first Daggerfall Unity Quest Pack with many all-new quests.
Progress on fixing classic quests here.

haloterm
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:21 am

Re: Warm Ashes: Dangerous Dungeon Exteriors

Post by haloterm » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:53 pm

Jay_H wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:01 pm
So here's what you want to do:
Thank you very much, that worked :D

hello
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:18 pm

Re: Warm Ashes: Dangerous Dungeon Exteriors

Post by hello » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:08 pm

Jay_H wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:01 pm
haloterm wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:06 pm
Thanks for the mod! I am a bit confused about the installation:
Install:
1. Extract the files into your "StreamingAssets/QuestPacks" folder
2. Place the WA01-WAQ04 files into your "/quest/" folder
2. All finished, start a new character and it will activate
In step 1, you write "the files", which means to me: all files of the download.

In step 2, you write that ONLY 4 files go to the quest folder (instead of the QuestPacks folder? This seems to contradict with step 1.)

So I assume WAQ01 to WAQ04 go to "quest", whereas WAQ00 stays in "QuestPacks"?

I am just wondering, because the quest files have an initial quest message (with a question if one wants to activate the quest), which does not show up in my (new) game.
Since Kamer's last version, the quest system went through an update that invalidated the WarmAshes quest list. So here's what you want to do:

1. Extract the files into your "StreamingAssets/QuestPacks" folder
2. In the /StreamingAssets/QuestPacks/Kamer/WarmAshes folder, extract the zip file I've uploaded. It should replace the QuestList-WarmAshes.txt that's already in there. (This version will function under the new quest system.)
3. Start a new character and the Warm Ashes option should appear when you enter gameplay.

I just started a new character and it loaded fine for me with this fix in place.
THANK YOU!!!!

reinstalling the game right now.
this mod not working for me anymore literally made me quit.

this really needs a reworked installation instruction!

User avatar
Jay_H
Posts: 2489
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:54 am

Re: Warm Ashes: Dangerous Dungeon Exteriors

Post by Jay_H » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:47 pm

Hoorah :D Kamer's on a long-term hiatus so if/when this mod gets reworked is up in the air. For now people will be able to enjoy it with this fix :)
Come join the Unofficial Daggerfall Unity Discord.
Try the first Daggerfall Unity Quest Pack with many all-new quests.
Progress on fixing classic quests here.

Post Reply