Villager Immersion Overhaul

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
ACNAero

Re: Villager Immersion Overhaul

Post by ACNAero »

Jay_H wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:35 am I keep having this illusory idea of my own that replaces all townspeople with daedra and all monsters with townspeople :lol:
The true Oblivion Crisis?

"The Daedra are moving in! Quick, flee to the dark dungeons filled with spiders!" :D

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

I'll be doing the last region and hopefully I can get DF to ignore the file compression on the sprites. Don't need to be compressed when tehy are the same resolution as the originals. Or I guess I can ask King of Worms if he could upscale them.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I can help u creating DFMOD with texture compression off OR upscaling the sprites (that would be cool) ... anytime.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

King of Worms wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:35 am I can help u creating DFMOD with texture compression off OR upscaling the sprites (that would be cool) ... anytime.
Having both as an option would be nice. I'll message you when I get the latest version done.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

I started working on this again. I'd like to finish the last region type that's remaining. I'd like to fixing the scaling on the current sprites as well and maybe modify them a bit to add more features. Currently I did female rogue Khajiits and they are to a point I think I like them.

khajiit.png
khajiit.png (613 KiB) Viewed 5506 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Very cool, this is a nice mod.

Cliffworms

Post by Cliffworms »

Impressive and beautiful. It keeps with Daggerfall's visuals as well. I love that!

It always bugged me that you never see non-human races in the world.
You probably thought about it already, but do you think it'll be possible in the future to have the disposition towards the player be affected by the NPC's race? Like in Morrowind where being the same race brings a bonus, while some races don't like each other.

Facing enemies that are of different races will bring even more variety to dungeon crawling. Love it! :)

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Cliffworms wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:27 pm Impressive and beautiful. It keeps with Daggerfall's visuals as well. I love that!

It always bugged me that you never see non-human races in the world.
You probably thought about it already, but do you think it'll be possible in the future to have the disposition towards the player be affected by the NPC's race? Like in Morrowind where being the same race brings a bonus, while some races don't like each other.

Facing enemies that are of different races will bring even more variety to dungeon crawling. Love it! :)
As of right now no. This is a pure graphical change, nothing more. I've thought about different ideas like to maybe to randomize sprites to give more variety, and maybe check the players race for rep but I'll need a lot more experience before I can do anything of that nature.

Summoning

Post by Summoning »

Awesome!

Some ideas: Dogs, cats, horses.

Vandenberg

Post by Vandenberg »

This is a really fantastic mod that can really help to bring the world that much closer to great immersion, especially in conjunction with other Daggerfall mods. The race related NPC advantages and disadvantages are really awesome ideas, are you planning on implementing NPC portraits of these sprites eventually?