Villager Immersion Overhaul

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
ceriux

Re: Villager Immersion Overhaul

Post by ceriux »

i just want to say i love this mod! probably my favorite mod here so far! love the fact that it's super vanilla friendly!

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

ceriux wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:57 am i just want to say i love this mod! probably my favorite mod here so far! love the fact that it's super vanilla friendly!
Glad you enjoy it! I try to make all my mods vanilla friendly as possible.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

Ok....it's official...
THIS THING IS INSANE, and the portraits are new portraits, how did you do this stuff ?
I'm talking to lizard npc's, theres orc mages (I think there orcs), Elf people, WEE GOT ELF PEOPLE, like real elf people that look like elves...
Dark elves, the wood elves it looks like, freaking horses, and wagons all over the place, and the portraits match !
It's like a new game in town now (IN EVERY TOWN)
I don't believe it..
Thank you dude, it's awesome !
Attachments
Horses.jpg
Horses.jpg (498.92 KiB) Viewed 3038 times
Check out my YouTube Channel!

dashyr89

Post by dashyr89 »

Does this use sprites that are already in the game? Asking this because I am thinking of perhaps use upscaled textures and I fear this would stick out like a sore thumb.

The Holy Knight

Post by The Holy Knight »

I absolutely LOVE this mod! it really brings much more immersion to see different races and people riding horses and Carts! One thing though, when your in hammerfell you rarely see many redguards around. I end up seeing more Bretons and other races than redguards haha, other than that this has to be one of my favorite mods here! :)

ZerioctheTank

Post by ZerioctheTank »

Definitely going to download this tomorrow, and try it out. It'll be nice for my Shadowscale to talk to another argonian occasionally. Thanks for all the hard work. It's very much appreciated.

Edit: That argonian portrait is beautiful BTW.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Kamer wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:12 pm *If you install VIO V4 alongside KOW-DREAM, make sure you make it higher priority than DREAM - COMMONERS*
With the new build mods can define requirements for the load order. Specifically, you can manually add a section to the mod manifest file (.dfmod.json) to enforce that if DREAM is installed it must be positioned above.

You should have something like this now:

Code: Select all

"Files": [
    ],
"Contributes": null
You can add a new property named Dependencies:

Code: Select all

"Files": [
    ],
"Contributes": null,
"Dependencies": [
    {
        "Name": "dream - commoners",
        "IsOptional": true
    }
]
where Name is the name of .dfmod file. More informations can be found here and here until i update the documentation.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

While i greatly enjoy this mod and think it adds lot of immersion to the game i still need to ask what the hell are these? Are they Orcs? Wood Elves? High Elves? Why are they green?
Attachments
Näyttökuva (14).jpg
Näyttökuva (14).jpg (331.14 KiB) Viewed 2359 times
Näyttökuva (13).jpg
Näyttökuva (13).jpg (259.22 KiB) Viewed 2359 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I used to look like this after too much alcohol as well :mrgreen:

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

King of Worms wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:43 am I used to look like this after too much alcohol as well :mrgreen:
I look like that after 1 or 2 beers. I can't handle any alcohol at all. Well, at least i can get drunk very cheaply. :D