Villager Immersion Overhaul

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
UnopenedCanofSpoopy

Re: Villager Immersion Overhaul

Post by UnopenedCanofSpoopy »

Kamer wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:45 pm
UnopenedCanofSpoopy wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:28 am Tavern wenches don't seem to be giving me the ability to sleep with them. They will either give a random quest or nothing at all.
I am aware of this issue. Accidentally didn't include the service script as part of the package! Thought I did. Will be fixed in a update very soon.
8-)

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Hm, I just dowloaded DFU 0.10.25 and installed all my mods. I then added VIO and WA that I had not been using for a while and not tested the new versions.

I am seeing a significant stuttering when using VIO with all my mods.
When using VIO by itself it seems fine.
If I use VIO with the sprite addition, there is a slight stutter.
If I use VIO with WA, there is a slight stutter.

It seems like VIO might be using up a lot of DFUs resources, so as soon as it has to share with other mods you start running into problems.

I tested installing VIO and WA in my 0.10.24 build. There was no particularly noticable stutter and I noticed something else: in 0.10.24 there were guards stationed at the city entrance that greeted me. In 0.10.25 the city only had wandering guards.

Edit: switched back to the old VIO file and it works without any stutter in 0.10.25.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Ralzar wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:24 pm Hm, I just dowloaded DFU 0.10.25 and installed all my mods. I then added VIO and WA that I had not been using for a while and not tested the new versions.

I am seeing a significant stuttering when using VIO with all my mods.
When using VIO by itself it seems fine.
If I use VIO with the sprite addition, there is a slight stutter.
If I use VIO with WA, there is a slight stutter.

It seems like VIO might be using up a lot of DFUs resources, so as soon as it has to share with other mods you start running into problems.

I tested installing VIO and WA in my 0.10.24 build. There was no particularly noticable stutter and I noticed something else: in 0.10.24 there were guards stationed at the city entrance that greeted me. In 0.10.25 the city only had wandering guards.

Edit: switched back to the old VIO file and it works without any stutter in 0.10.25.
I've been aware of the stutter when using certain mods. Been re coding how gate guards work the past week. Just finished last night. Hopefully this will get rid of that awful stutter.

Luzur

Post by Luzur »

Well i took the plunge and DL'd the latest DaggerUni and went hogwild with the mods, one of them being yours, but sofar i dont see any wagons or horseriders anywhere, and the gate guards simply fall through the ground when arriving at a city, never to be seen again, and most townfolks seem to be lightly dressed Redguards in the snow.

I have DREAM, and i put the mod below the DREAM COMMONER in the modlist, but did i miss soemthing?
"Load the muskets"

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

You're using VIO5 only. VIO3 has all the changed villager sprites. VIO5 is mostly mechanical differences, like how guards and villagers behave.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Jay_H wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:44 am You're using VIO5 only. VIO3 has all the changed villager sprites. VIO5 is mostly mechanical differences, like how guards and villagers behave.
The sprites have actually been separated from VIOV5 yes, but as their own DFMOD. It should be listed under optional downloads on Nexus. As for his issues, they are pretty wild. I don't have 10.25 cause that build came out so shortly have 24 so I'll see if there are any issues on that.

Luzur

Post by Luzur »

Kamer wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:32 pm
Jay_H wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:44 am You're using VIO5 only. VIO3 has all the changed villager sprites. VIO5 is mostly mechanical differences, like how guards and villagers behave.
The sprites have actually been separated from VIOV5 yes, but as their own DFMOD. It should be listed under optional downloads on Nexus. As for his issues, they are pretty wild. I don't have 10.25 cause that build came out so shortly have 24 so I'll see if there are any issues on that.
Ah, so should i go back to V3 then?
"Load the muskets"

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Luzur wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:35 pm
Kamer wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:32 pm
Ah, so should i go back to V3 then?
If you feel the need to sure. I'll be uploading a fix for the Guards in the next few hours however. 10.25 puts them slightly under the floor causing them to fall.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Version 5.0.2 Update

Guards:
-Guards now carry torches and will put them away during the day
-Fixed Guards falling through the ground after DFU 10.25 Update
-Gate/Wall Guards setup recorded to reduce stutter
-Guards are less blood thirsty for crime

Villagers:
-Text removed when villagers run away (Temporary)

Villager Services:
-Prostitute Services properly restored
-Added text after service (SFW)
-Recoded how prostitutes are set up

Orsinium:
-Orcs in Taverns no longer spawn again after sleeping
-Recoded how orcs set up

*New* VIO Options:
-Toggle for classic Villager Spawns (Races stay in their Region)
-Toggle for Prostitute service
-Toggle for stopping Tedious Travel on entering any location

Download

Spoiler!

Luzur

Post by Luzur »

Nice, so installing this is remove the old file and put this in i guess?
"Load the muskets"