Villager Immersion Overhaul

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Firebrand

Re: Villager Immersion Overhaul

Post by Firebrand »

You don't need to disable DREAM - COMMONERS.
Just make sure that VIO V3 is lower than DREAM - COMMONERS in the MOD list. Because the last MOD on the list overwrites files from the previous ones ;)

Levethian

Post by Levethian »

Firebrand wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:15 pm
Levethian wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:24 pm
Firebrand wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:55 am It's loading sort problem with Dream mod. Switch them and you should be fine.
That's what I'd hoped. I moved it higher, then disabled Commoners, but no luck.
Come to think of it, 'Trees of Daggerfall' aren't appearing either. I'm doing something wrong elsewhere :-/.

(I'm using the appropriate-OS dfmod files and putting them in the 'streamingassets/mods' folder, assets are enabled in DFU settings, and textures are not compressed)

Just make sure that VIO V3 is lower than DREAM - COMMONERS in the MOD list. Because the last MOD on the list overwrites files from the previous ones ;)
Thanks for your response! I tried it both ways (priority highest & lowest). Townsfolk still huuge. Not certain where I'm tripping up. Most mods appear to work fine.
I've tried re-installing, disabling all mods except VIO, double-checked directory locations, searched through this forum - all the obvious things, I think.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Levethian wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:43 pm
Firebrand wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:15 pm
Levethian wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:24 pm
That's what I'd hoped. I moved it higher, then disabled Commoners, but no luck.
Come to think of it, 'Trees of Daggerfall' aren't appearing either. I'm doing something wrong elsewhere :-/.

(I'm using the appropriate-OS dfmod files and putting them in the 'streamingassets/mods' folder, assets are enabled in DFU settings, and textures are not compressed)

Thanks for your response! I tried it both ways (priority highest & lowest). Townsfolk still huuge. Not certain where I'm tripping up. Most mods appear to work fine.
I've tried re-installing, disabling all mods except VIO, double-checked directory locations, searched through this forum - all the obvious things, I think.
Do you have older versions installed by chance?

Levethian

Post by Levethian »

Kamer wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:51 pmDo you have older versions installed by chance?
Thanks Kamer - Unfortunately not. Only one copy of this mod, and it's V3.
I can't see the relevant sprites in SreamingAssets/Textures - are the sprites built into the .dfmod file rather than referenced from StreamingAssets?

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Levethian wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:11 am
Kamer wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:51 pmDo you have older versions installed by chance?
Thanks Kamer - Unfortunately not. Only one copy of this mod, and it's V3.
I can't see the relevant sprites in SreamingAssets/Textures - are the sprites built into the .dfmod file rather than referenced from StreamingAssets?
Its all in the dfmod pack. There has to be an XML file that is changing the sprites or there is another mod that replaces villagers that overlaps mine.

Levethian

Post by Levethian »

Kamer wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:00 pmIts all in the dfmod pack. There has to be an XML file that is changing the sprites or there is another mod that replaces villagers that overlaps mine.
Thanks.
I disabled and deleted all mods, all XML files (aside from config & system), cleared config data for mods, and enabled VIO 3, but still no luck.

I'll look for some 'installing mods for dummies' posts.

greenlight

Post by greenlight »

As a feedback: for me it works fine when I put the villager overhaul below DREAM - Commoners. I have the most recent version of DFU and DREAM installed. I am using Win7-64 bit.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

I hope to start work on this again soon. Goal will be to get all races to spawn within any city and have some billboard races changes.

Testing:
Spoiler!
test.png
test.png (568.19 KiB) Viewed 2906 times

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

All villager types spawning together:

Spoiler!

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Villager Immersion overhaul Version 4

Version 4:
-Started work on Billboard NPC's
-Villagers will spawn together regardless of the region

Hopes for the future:
-City guards at night
-Adding races instead of replacing Villagers

Installation:

1. Open the folder that matches your operating system (Windows/OSX/Linux)

2. Copy the "VillagerImmersionOverhaul .dfmod" into your DaggerfallUnity_Data/StreamingAssets/Mods folder

3. Make sure the mod is enabled

Download:VIOv4