Villager Immersion Overhaul

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
KovuCougar

Re: Villager Immersion Overhaul

Post by KovuCougar »

I'm not sure if this is a DREAM of VIO thing... I'm reporting it in both threads so both are aware, as it only seems to happen when both mods are enabled. It's probably some interaction with them with some part of the new update though.

The guards in cities glitch and sometimes render as a collage of individual animation frames. This only happens when both VIO and DREAM and enabled together on 0.10.26.

Here's a still and a video.
Guard.jpg
Guard.jpg (303.01 KiB) Viewed 3778 times
A video showing the guard walking through the streets. The video may only be available for 2 weeks: http://www.mediafire.com/file/cuv3fnc3xj1ib62

DREAM thread: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1168&p=48495

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

KovuCougar wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:25 pm I'm not sure if this is a DREAM of VIO thing... I'm reporting it in both threads so both are aware, as it only seems to happen when both mods are enabled. It's probably some interaction with them with some part of the new update though.

The guards in cities glitch and sometimes render as a collage of individual animation frames. This only happens when both VIO and DREAM and enabled together on 0.10.26.

Here's a still and a video.

Guard.jpg

A video showing the guard walking through the streets. The video may only be available for 2 weeks: http://www.mediafire.com/file/cuv3fnc3xj1ib62

DREAM thread: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1168&p=48495
As stated in the update, the graphical replacements for guards aren't supported by the dynamic sprites. Disable dynamic sprites or disable that module of dreams.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

I just tried hunting innocent as a wereboar for the first time.

Two comments:

1: Everyone shouts "Werewolf!" Maybe do a check for what kind of were the player is?

I check it like this:

Code: Select all

LycanthropyEffect lycanthropyEffect = GameManager.Instance.PlayerEffectManager.GetRacialOverrideEffect() as LycanthropyEffect;
LycanthropyTypes lycanthropyTypes = lycanthropyEffect.InfectionType;

if (lycanthropyTypes == LycanthropyTypes.Werewolf)

etc

2: The commoners all pop out of existence before I reach them. There seem to be no way to actually kill commoners? The only ones are the guards?

Luzur

Post by Luzur »

Laicus wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:51 pm I check the box "Stop Travel" in the mod settings, although I don't even use Tedious Travel, and this significantly reduces stuttering.
Same here, doing this got rid of a whole deal of stuttering
"Load the muskets"

NikitaTheTanner

Post by NikitaTheTanner »

I like the fact that mods diversifies villagers, that's pretty cool, yet I would like to kinda tip the scales to favor the local people more... Sometimes I encounter like 10 Redguards in a row in a Breton city. I would probably like to see maybe 1 in 10, maybe even 1 in 20, or 1 in 40 Redguards in Breton settlements, they should still majorly hold the native population. Same is true for Redguard settlements.

The guards hanging around towns is a great touch, and what they fight the mobs is even cooler! I especially love the guards at night, walking around with torches, very atmospheric... :D

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

NikitaTheTanner wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:52 pm I like the fact that mods diversifies villagers, that's pretty cool, yet I would like to kinda tip the scales to favor the local people more... Sometimes I encounter like 10 Redguards in a row in a Breton city. I would probably like to see maybe 1 in 10, maybe even 1 in 20, or 1 in 40 Redguards in Breton settlements, they should still majorly hold the native population. Same is true for Redguard settlements.

The guards hanging around towns is a great touch, and what they fight the mobs is even cooler! I especially love the guards at night, walking around with torches, very atmospheric... :D
While I haven't done anything regarding this, it is in the plans. Right now you only have the choice of full races in cities, or classic where everyone are separated. I plan for a 3rd option in the future to have everyone separated, but with a chance of others from other regions to spawn. That way it will be the best mix of both imo. The next update however is all about creating varieties of the same villager so you don't see the same exact guy five times in place.

KovuCougar

Post by KovuCougar »

Kamer wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:02 am While I haven't done anything regarding this, it is in the plans. Right now you only have the choice of full races in cities, or classic where everyone are separated. I plan for a 3rd option in the future to have everyone separated, but with a chance of others from other regions to spawn. That way it will be the best mix of both imo. The next update however is all about creating varieties of the same villager so you don't see the same exact guy five times in place.
Will either of these include season suitable? Though it is funny seeing folks in just loin cloths running around in weather that C&C would kill me, the hardy adventurer, for doing the same. :lol:

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

KovuCougar wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:46 pm
Kamer wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:02 am While I haven't done anything regarding this, it is in the plans. Right now you only have the choice of full races in cities, or classic where everyone are separated. I plan for a 3rd option in the future to have everyone separated, but with a chance of others from other regions to spawn. That way it will be the best mix of both imo. The next update however is all about creating varieties of the same villager so you don't see the same exact guy five times in place.
Will either of these include season suitable? Though it is funny seeing folks in just loin cloths running around in weather that C&C would kill me, the hardy adventurer, for doing the same. :lol:
I'm actually working on Villager variants depending on the weather.

imsobadatnicknames

Post by imsobadatnicknames »

Since I switched from 10.26 to 10.27 the City Watch and Archers guarding city gates don't seem to show up anymore. Other features from this mod like City Watch carrying torches at night or Villagers fleeing from enemies seem to be intact.

It took me a while to realize they weren't showing up anymore, so I'm not 100% sure if the switch from 10.26 to 10.27 was the exact moment it started happening. I'll reinstall 10.26 and confirm tomorrow.

Has this happened to anyone else, or is it just a me thing?
Released mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/users/5141135 ... files&BH=0
Daggerfall isn't the only ridiculously intrincate fantasy world simulator with the initials DF that I make mods for: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177071.0

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Same here. However, archers on the walls I see sometimes. And I think there's somtimes lights where the two city watch gate gyards are supposed to be?