Villager Immersion Overhaul

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Kamer

Re: Villager Immersion Overhaul

Post by Kamer »

Vandenberg wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:25 pm This is a really fantastic mod that can really help to bring the world that much closer to great immersion, especially in conjunction with other Daggerfall mods. The race related NPC advantages and disadvantages are really awesome ideas, are you planning on implementing NPC portraits of these sprites eventually?
I know it's real immersion breaking to talk to an argonian and suddenly he's a redguard but that is something I'd like to do.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Along with new people, older sprites will also get a touch up to make them stand out a bit more. Like the Warrior in the Daggerfall region will now have a sword and shield. With my HD Pre-renderd project, being able to render them in their original image makes things go a lot faster. The tail for the Khajiit was also done this way

Spoiler!
Sword.png
Sword.png (581.92 KiB) Viewed 5472 times
Shield.png
Shield.png (1.41 MiB) Viewed 5472 times

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

I've added horse carriage's to the Daggerfall region as well. For right now I'm gonna have them replace at least one villager in each region type but hopefully one day we will be able to have people from all regions show up so I can give it more variety. As of right now, It's basically taking two extra spots.

Spoiler!
horse_car.png
horse_car.png (894.38 KiB) Viewed 5432 times

pango

Post by pango »

If you're looking for entertainment, search Youtube for "sword on the back" for the pros and cons (and how it can/cannot be done).
It doesn't answer how to put your horse and your cart in your backpack, though :lol:
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

pango wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:33 am If you're looking for entertainment, search Youtube for "sword on the back" for the pros and cons (and how it can/cannot be done).
It doesn't answer how to put your horse and your cart in your backpack, though :lol:
It was original by his hip however it just didn't look good or was hard to tell what it was.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Working overtime on these new models! Great imagination.

NoctoCorax

Post by NoctoCorax »

Very impressive work Kamer! I love watching your progress. Cheers mate :mrgreen:
"We are a way for the universe to know itself"
- Carl Sagan

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

These carriages should be riding in between the cities :)
Awesome work.
And yes, I hope one day these new characters might be added without replacing the old ones

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

I hope we can do that one day as well. Then I could add a tone more! Though from what TheLacus said, some of the stuff I'd like to do just isn't possible right now.

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

Kamer wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:25 pm I've added horse carriage's to the Daggerfall region as well. For right now I'm gonna have them replace at least one villager in each region type but hopefully one day we will be able to have people from all regions show up so I can give it more variety. As of right now, It's basically taking two extra spots.

Spoiler!
horse_car.png
One of the things I really like is that it puts us a bit closer to my idea for open markets. now all that is left is a stall etc. You could make a new merchant who looks like a farmer or use the innkeeper. Here is a concept mockup
merchant in town square.jpg
merchant in town square.jpg (223.98 KiB) Viewed 5259 times
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.