Villager Immersion Overhaul

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
DigitalMonk

Re: Villager Immersion Overhaul

Post by DigitalMonk »

With the red eyes, I would guess Dunmer / Dark Elves. Gray skin, but might be doing something strange in the lighting model (gamma color space -- bleah)

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

That has to be intended to be orcs. But it's a bit unfortunate in that case, because it just looks confusing.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Ralzar wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:27 pm That has to be intended to be orcs. But it's a bit unfortunate in that case, because it just looks confusing.
And if they are Orcs isn't that lore breaking? I mean, in Daggerfall Orcs are little more than monsters. Orcs are also a non-playable race, so either way i see it they are not immersion enhancing, but immersion reducing. To top it off they don't look anything like Orcs in Daggerfall.

L57

Post by L57 »

This mod looks great overall, but I worry about lore too. For example, too many dunmers even in minor towns in Daggerfall. Pretty sure they are not intended to be there. Is it possible to add some options for this mod? Such that player could remove or reduce additional races, etc?

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Welcome to the forums :)

No, it's just a straight texture replacement. It just spawns according to the NPCs already present in Daggerfall.

L57

Post by L57 »

I wish there was a 'light version' of this mod with horse riders and carts, but without dunmer/orc/khajiit/etc retexture, then. Retextures are very good looking and I like them, but it really weird to see so many dunmers in High Rock rural areas and even cities. It's not their homeland, High Rock has unfriendly climate for them and obviously there are no such thing as mass labor migration :) Hope it doesn't sound too meticulous :lol:

Sata

Post by Sata »

Using this in 0.10.18 shows some giant stretched villagers in the towns

edit: My bad, I'm dumb
Last edited by Sata on Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

pango

Post by pango »

Sata wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:16 am Using this in 0.10.18 shows some giant stretched villagers in the towns
That's a FAQ
I see giant townspeople walking around. Why?
You probably have DREAM and Villager Immersion Overhaul installed. In your mod order, put Village Immersion Overhaul after DREAM.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Quoting my old post for visibility. If there is something i can help with, just let me know 😉
TheLacus wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:57 pm
Kamer wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:12 pm *If you install VIO V4 alongside KOW-DREAM, make sure you make it higher priority than DREAM - COMMONERS*
With the new build mods can define requirements for the load order. Specifically, you can manually add a section to the mod manifest file (.dfmod.json) to enforce that if DREAM is installed it must be positioned above.

You should have something like this now:

Code: Select all

"Files": [
    ],
"Contributes": null
You can add a new property named Dependencies:

],
"Contributes": null,
"Dependencies": [
    {
        "Name": "dream - commoners",
        "IsOptional": true
    }
]
where Name is the name of .dfmod file. More informations can be found here and here until i update the documentation.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

TheLacus wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:03 pm Quoting my old post for visibility. If there is something i can help with, just let me know 😉
TheLacus wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:57 pm
Kamer wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:12 pm *If you install VIO V4 alongside KOW-DREAM, make sure you make it higher priority than DREAM - COMMONERS*
With the new build mods can define requirements for the load order. Specifically, you can manually add a section to the mod manifest file (.dfmod.json) to enforce that if DREAM is installed it must be positioned above.

You should have something like this now:

],
"Contributes": null
You can add a new property named Dependencies:

],
"Contributes": null,
"Dependencies": [
    {
        "Name": "dream - commoners",
        "IsOptional": true
    }
]
where Name is the name of .dfmod file. More informations can be found here and here until i update the documentation.
I'll keep this in mind when I begin work on a new version of VIO