KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Interkarma

Re: KoW - Daggerfall Remaster 3.0

Post by Interkarma »

That's really cool! With a fully scripted mod, it should also be possible to change exit texture based on dungeon types. For example, the big 3 castles could have unique exit art each instead of the stock "black arch with a skull".

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

Interkarma wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:54 pm That's really cool! With a fully scripted mod, it should also be possible to change exit texture based on dungeon types. For example, the big 3 castles could have unique exit art each instead of the stock "black arch with a skull".
I don't suppose Dungeons know where their entrances are in the world eh?

With some really clever work, you could render the 3D world just outside the entrance, just like 5-10 feet out or so. And use 3D models for the gate.

With much less work, you could have an exit scene for each climate/terrain type, possibly even changing the brightness of it depending on the time of day.

pango

Post by pango »

Another problem with 3D model entrance is that the entrance is sometimes located in places that do not make sense in 3D (say, on a wall with a dungeon corridor on the other side of the wall). I assume that's the kind of thing that's not totally impossible to do in Unity, but probably a pain to implement.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

jedidia

Post by jedidia »

Say, I just installed this whole package, and I'm having a problem with walking NPCs shifting in and out of existance. ANybody else experienced this?

pango

Post by pango »

Hi,
jedidia wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:59 pm Say, I just installed this whole package, and I'm having a problem with walking NPCs shifting in and out of existance. ANybody else experienced this?
Well known issue, check for example the 5th post of this very thread...
Last edited by pango on Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

That's a problem with the Compressed Textures setting in DFU setup. You'll have to turn that off.

jedidia

Post by jedidia »

Alright, that worked like a charm. Thanks a lot to both of you!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Pango, that idea with emission map for dungeon exit is neat, I tested it and like it very much!

Ive been playing with some more HUD images.

This is the new Bio tab:
bio.jpg
bio.jpg (599.89 KiB) Viewed 1738 times
And this is a draft, proof of concept which needs more work. Idea is, that a spell book should be a book, not a stone tablet, so here it is:

Up, Sort & Down buttons do not do anything when I click them. Do they have any function in the game at all?
Splbk.jpg
Splbk.jpg (323.52 KiB) Viewed 1738 times
Last edited by King of Worms on Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I like the look of that, nice and clean. :)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thank you! I just want to finetune it a bit so the texts fit better in the image