KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for approved mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
jedidia
Posts: 136
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:49 am

Re: KoW - Daggerfall Remaster 3.0

Post by jedidia » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:00 pm

Out of curiosity, what devilish machination is this? It doesn't seem to do anything, but sure looks like it should...
StrangerThing.jpg
StrangerThing.jpg (383.8 KiB) Viewed 729 times

User avatar
BoneofMalkav
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:56 pm

Re: KoW - Daggerfall Remaster 3.0

Post by BoneofMalkav » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:05 pm

More then likely a replacement texture for the brick teleporter textures.

User avatar
Adrinus
Posts: 253
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:28 am

Re: KoW - Daggerfall Remaster 3.0

Post by Adrinus » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:56 am

King of Worms wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:21 pm
Thank you! I just want to finetune it a bit so the texts fit better in the image
Nice, yeah, assuming you get the text all within the margins, that's way nicer than a stone tablet IMO.

Narf the Mouse
Posts: 758
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:32 pm

Re: KoW - Daggerfall Remaster 3.0

Post by Narf the Mouse » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:22 am

jedidia wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:00 pm
Out of curiosity, what devilish machination is this? It doesn't seem to do anything, but sure looks like it should...
StrangerThing.jpg
Indeed.
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

User avatar
King of Worms
Posts: 2163
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:18 pm
Location: Scourg Barrow (CZ)
Contact:

Re: KoW - Daggerfall Remaster 3.0

Post by King of Worms » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:30 pm

Yes, thats a swap texture for red bricks. Those red bricks work as a teleport. Thing is, sometimes they teleport you somewhere, and sometimes they do nothing. Im not sure about this swap. But those red bricks are strange as well. This new texture at least makes you click on it, while the red bricks can be very puzzling, and sometimes they are necessary to click at, so you can move forwards with the quests. Im open for ideas on its matter. Also, my work is open for input from everyone as well.

User avatar
BoneofMalkav
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:56 pm

Re: KoW - Daggerfall Remaster 3.0

Post by BoneofMalkav » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:49 pm

King of Worms wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:30 pm
Yes, thats a swap texture for red bricks. Those red bricks work as a teleport. Thing is, sometimes they teleport you somewhere, and sometimes they do nothing. Im not sure about this swap. But those red bricks are strange as well. This new texture at least makes you click on it, while the red bricks can be very puzzling, and sometimes they are necessary to click at, so you can move forwards with the quests. Im open for ideas on its matter. Also, my work is open for input from everyone as well.
I never understood why Bethesda went with using the brick texture as to say "This is a teleport." Like maybe it was due to time constraints but even then, it still makes no sense.

Narf the Mouse
Posts: 758
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:32 pm

Re: KoW - Daggerfall Remaster 3.0

Post by Narf the Mouse » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:50 pm

BoneofMalkav wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:49 pm
I never understood why Bethesda went with using the brick texture as to say "This is a teleport." Like maybe it was due to time constraints but even then, it still makes no sense.
Well, that's because some red brick doors disintegrate you, or do a bunch of damage, or do nothing at all.

It's a particular piece of old-school dungeon design.

Otherwise known as "I rolled a die. You die. Why? I rolled a die on the die."
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

User avatar
Adrinus
Posts: 253
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:28 am

Re: KoW - Daggerfall Remaster 3.0

Post by Adrinus » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:51 pm

Perhaps it should be a runic symbol on the wall. So that it looks like maybe it could be interacted with, but would also make sense if it did nothing.

Image

http://www.mediafire.com/view/o10lfjms6z5co6b/Rune.png
Last edited by Adrinus on Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Narf the Mouse
Posts: 758
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:32 pm

Re: KoW - Daggerfall Remaster 3.0

Post by Narf the Mouse » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:52 pm

Adrinus wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:51 pm
Perhaps it should be a runic symbol on the wall. So that it looks like maybe it could be interacted with, but would also make sense if it did nothing.
I like this idea; with the sole exception that the background wall texture might not fit everywhere.
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

User avatar
Adrinus
Posts: 253
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:28 am

Re: KoW - Daggerfall Remaster 3.0

Post by Adrinus » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:54 pm

Narf the Mouse wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:52 pm
I like this idea; with the sole exception that the background wall texture might not fit everywhere.
There's only one texture? I could set up the wall background, no problem, but I can't do anything about there not being enough different base textures to override.

Post Reply