KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Daichi

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by Daichi »

"Windows not reply" (good translation xD)
I waited a long time, but I'm going to try again ! Thanks ;)

For the .manifest, I always had a doubt : what are they for ?
I'm French !! INCREDIBEULE ! And I'm not good in English xD

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Long time is a relative thing...

;)

Btw thanks for all the comments and helping each other :!:

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

KoW - could you please include a note in the first topic under the "Installation Notes" section indicating the .manifest files don't need to be installed for the mod to work (and maybe a brief description/link explaining what those files are)? I imagine many people will have the same question - I did. Cheers! :)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Seems unnecessary, just copy the files you downloaded in the folder I described and enable mod parts you like in the game. You do that - it works. You dont have to think about manifests. Why would you?

Seems you might be overcomplicating the simple thing... I do that as well, so I understand :lol: And Ive missed the question you speak about in the thread, and Ive read last 2 pages just to find it & its not there. Hell, I dont even know what those manifests are. I dont care :D it works with it, it works without it, its few kb... like... I dont see a issue because nothing can go wrong in all possible cases :D have fun mate. 1st post is long enough as it is IMO.

I can add there "you can delete the manifest files if you want" - but I dont even know if its a good idea. Who confirmed its a great idea to do so? I dont see it in this thread

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

The manifest file is for assetbundle dependencies, which is not something to worry about. You can ignore these additional files when you release or install a mod. :)

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

KoW - I was referring to Daichi's comments/questions about the .manifest files, just above mine in this topic. But it's up to you whether clarification on this would be helpful in the first post (I do think some people in addition to me and Daichi might wonder about them, because most other mods here I've tried don't include those files - just the required .dfmod packages). Unless I'm misunderstanding TheLacus's response, the .manifest files aren't even necessary for you to release in any case. So not trying to make a big deal - just the opposite, trying to simplify things! :)

Cheers to KoW for your work and TheLacus for the additional info.

BoneofMalkav

Post by BoneofMalkav »

mikeprichard wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:53 am KoW - I was referring to Daichi's comments/questions about the .manifest files, just above mine in this topic. But it's up to you whether clarification on this would be helpful in the first post (I do think some people in addition to me and Daichi might wonder about them, because most other mods here I've tried don't include those files - just the required .dfmod packages). Unless I'm misunderstanding TheLacus's response, the .manifest files aren't even necessary for you to release in any case. So not trying to make a big deal - just the opposite, trying to simplify things! :)

Cheers to KoW for your work and TheLacus for the additional info.
From what I've noticed, the manifest files aren't nevessary. I honestly don't even know why they're included in the first place.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

BoneofMalkav wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:26 am From what I've noticed, the manifest files aren't nevessary. I honestly don't even know why they're included in the first place.
Right, I think that's what TheLacus is saying - modders don't need to include them when they release a mod. Even if they're only a few KB, apparently they're unnecessary, and as most mods I've seen don't include them, it may just raise questions about what the files do that could be easily avoided by simply not including them in the install package in the first place. Just my suggestion. :)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Got it, thanks for suggestions. I also want to keep it simple, so from next time, there will be only DFMOD files included, not manifests.
Lets keep the mod directory clean :)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I decided to upload a Optional high quality NPC pack + a DREAM Crosshair

HQ NPCs are repacked with a high quality compression settings and the benefit is that if you observe the NPCs from a close distance, they have more detail - simple as that. There are no compression artefacts on their faces etc... NPCs actually benefit from this approach quite a lot, other textures I experimented with do not.

I TESTED BOTH VERSIONS and difference in VRAM usage was ZERO so this will be a standard version in a RC3.
Only difference is in a DFMOD size, cca from 50mb to 100mb...

Front page download links are updated as well

DO NOT USE BOTH HIGH QUALITY AND STANDARD DREAM NPC PACKS AT THE SAME TIME ;)

NPC HQ PACK Download
https://mega.nz/#!OrAHXKwC!g_B2cCvV6Bsc ... CybcuYBhUo

DREAM CROSSHAIR

Right click/save image as > Download it and place it to the "...DaggerfallUnity_Data\StreamingAssets\Textures" and enable crosshair ingame
Crosshair.png
Crosshair.png (2.98 KiB) Viewed 1698 times