KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
King of Worms

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by King of Worms »

Thank you, I dont receive much posts like this, so I appreciate it. In glad u enjoy 😊

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I can imagine recreating the weapons you hold in your hands, its a lots of work, but its doable and u see it a lot, so it will have quite a impact.
I know its been done with HD 1st person weapon models viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1612 but it doesnt look too proper IMO, because its not handpainted I guess, not sure, anyway..

Check the dagger, check the skull beneath the dagger, the glove, its all really nice!
AI works wonders on this stuff
4-2.final.png
4-2.final.png (238.99 KiB) Viewed 1186 times

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

Yeah, and it moves by the screen so fast, you won't notice any of the odd artifacts. Looks great anyhow though, even if you could!

mtrredux

Post by mtrredux »

Did i do something wrong or is not all the flats replaced yet?

VS

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Yes u use more mods. VIO is overwriting Dream in that picture. There are no low res npcs or flats in Dream

mtrredux

Post by mtrredux »

King of Worms wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:28 am Yes u use more mods. VIO is overwriting Dream in that picture. There are no low res NPCs or flats in Dream
Ok...I guess I have to disable VIO then?...because I tried loading DREAM after VIO and then some the flats are giant-sized.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

yea vio changes size of some flats via xml files, I have no clue about compatibility but I guess its not that great in this case... OR MORE PRECISELY, VIO works great for you, but its not Highres so it looks strange compared to Dream sprites, thats it

mtrredux

Post by mtrredux »

King of Worms wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:14 am yea vio changes size of some flats via xml files, I have no clue about compatibility but I guess its not that great in this case... OR MORE PRECISELY, VIO works great for you, but its not Highres so it looks strange compared to Dream sprites, thats it
I will just remove VIO...these two mods are incompatible as far as I can tell and I like DREAM better.
Maybe in the future, these mods can become compatible?

pango

Post by pango »

mtrredux wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:04 am I will just remove VIO...these two mods are incompatible as far as I can tell and I like DREAM better.
Maybe in the future, these mods can become compatible?
They work as they should when VIO has higher priority than DREAM - COMMONERS.
It's just that DREAM does not upscale graphics: it provides upscaled graphics.

By the way this has already been discussed in VIO thread.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks Pango :)

Anyway, Ive spend few hours on the dagger. This weapon has a lot of artifacts on it from a get go, that bluescreen effect on the outlines etc, so it took quite some time to get it anywhere near the results presented here.

I think its not a bad start, It will need more input to make all the animations look ok, and I think it has become a bit brighter than original, so I will need to check that and determine the adjustments.

But this is doable and I think it might look good...

To be able to create other variations of a weapons, I NEED a CONSOLE COMMAND where I can spawn all types of dagger variants

Like :
add dagger ebony
add dagger silver
add dagger ...

its not working now.

IDEAL THING WOULD BE A SAVE OR A TEST CHARACTER WITH ALL ITEMS PRESENT INGAME IN ITS INVENTORY
01.jpg
01.jpg (423.9 KiB) Viewed 1071 times