KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
King of Worms

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by King of Worms »

I just feel Ive run out of the steam... or more precisely, its all done. But a paperdoll, which is basically not my project. I knew there will be lots frustrating work to make it all functional, and that has proven to be correct indeed. Again, I can pack it as a dfmod, whatever, but I just CANT do that part of mod. Its too much. And I already feel like I gave this project everything I was willing to give to it during those 2 years...

There is not much creative work to do here, so my passion has vanished. I was into it for the creative part. And I was able to overcome the frustrating parts JUST to be able to continue being creative.

SO I created like 10s or 100s of bug reports along the way, 100s of PMs to push it somewhere, to make it all possible, and I went thru many obstacles. But it was for a reason. Now I dont have that reason. Theres no more drawing to be done. No more texturing. No more upscalling, no more sound engineering... only testing of a paperdoll and creating reports. I cant do that...

AmmoniumDichromate

Post by AmmoniumDichromate »

I mentioned earlier that the cinematics do not work on the linux build. I believe according to this page: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/VideoSo ... ility.html video has to be encoded in *.ogv, *.vp8, or *.webm formats in order to work on the Linux platform.

I also noticed that on Linux the weapon sprites and the horse head are the default sprites rather than the upscaled versions. I'm not exactly sure why though, maybe some kinda platform specific texture compression?

I've been trying to fix these platform specific issues myself, but modifying existing Unity asset bundles is a task I find rather confusing.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hi!

Weapon sprites, horse etc is not released yet, so thats why its vanila.

So.. u have linux? Can u try converting the vids to see if it works? I can send u all the animations.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

ok Ive made the report here
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2800&p=32155#p32155

Anyway, this paperdoll part of the DREAM mod is really frustrating me so Im officially abandoning it until someone decides to really test it and make it work and polished.

I dont even want to release is as open beta, because I dont want to deal with the feedback honestly. If someone decides hes up to the task, than by all means.

I just packed the RC6, want to release it and move on

AmmoniumDichromate

Post by AmmoniumDichromate »

King of Worms wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:42 am Hi!

Weapon sprites, horse etc is not released yet, so thats why its vanila.

So.. u have linux? Can u try converting the vids to see if it works? I can send u all the animations.
Ah, I saw some screenshots of the upscaled horse on the Roleplay and Realism thread and wrongly assumed it was already in. My mistake.

I could certainly give it a try, I don't quite understand how to use Unity or these modding tools so it may take some time to figure things out.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I think what u need to do is:

create a folder in the streaming assets called "movies"

and there you place the converted video. Start with something which shows early ingame, like the intro etc

If it plays, than the format is correct. Than just tell me the format and I will convert the videos on my side.

I dont know what prog to use to conver on linux, on windows I would use VLC media player...

Thinking about it... Ill send u just the intro (the guys in a dark speaking... with real actors) If you make that work on linux, I will adjust the release accordingly for this system

Here is the file:
https://ufile.io/tniz3yg0

Thank you, let me know if you need anything

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

PS: Ive created a glowing eyes for the male and female vampires, now all mobs I wanted to have emissive eyes have em.

I might try the Giant Bat as well and see how it looks ingame...

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hi Adrinus, Ive tested the new Commoners in the game, they look really good but this one lady... she looks more like a ugly man a bit, deffo inside the uncanny valley section to me :D Im sure it will not be that easy tho :X I think it might be the eyes, the mouth looks ok

I dont know if you are up to it, but it would be cool to somehow alter that face, if thats possible?

Thanks for considering it!
456_5-0.png
456_5-0.png (779.07 KiB) Viewed 1145 times
456_5-1.png
456_5-1.png (629.88 KiB) Viewed 1145 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

So after the vampires Ive decided to test emissive mobs. Fire daedra is a candidate number one, simply because fire should be seen in a dark corridor in a distance. And it indeed works, pretty good Id say. Would be better if it actually emitted some light around it but still its better than nothing.

EDIT: Ive made the Fire Atronach be emissive as well.
I think I will keep the Frost Deadra untouched, not sure those frost particles should be emissive. Opinions?
Attachments
fire.jpg
fire.jpg (566.55 KiB) Viewed 1118 times
Last edited by King of Worms on Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

pango

Post by pango »

Well, they emit light in classic, so I'd say it's a bug in DFU ;)
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart