KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
King of Worms

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by King of Worms »

Agreed that 320x200 solved this discrepancy as it stayed pixelated no matter what.
PS: Stopped drinking coffee few weeks back :lol:

Baptor

Post by Baptor »

BadLuckBurt wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:08 amSome item graphics are a lot wider than they are tall so when they're scaled to fit the item slot width, they'll appear more detailed than say that square bracelet icon.
None of this made any sense until I read this line from BadLuckBurt. Thanks mate!

The screenshot you see IS with all mods disabled so it's definitely vanilla Unity. I don't think the bracelet or the clothing looked that sharp in the original 1990s Daggerfall but if what BadLuckBurt said is true (and why would it not be?) then that explains why, in Unity, these vanilla assets look sharper than others.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I know that screenshot is without mods. I told u to take that screenshot WITH mods and compare it, so you can see its not caused by my mod (Or contrary that it indeed is caused by the mod being loaded even tho not activated etc) - Thats it. Standard troubleshooting & de-bugging procedure with 100% accuracy, nothing more, nothing less.

Baptor

Post by Baptor »

Okie dokie then.

Here's a screenshot of the same character with SPRITES mod from DREAM installed. As you can see, the cloth amulet has the exact same graphic here as it did in the unmodded screen capture. What does this prove? Does this mean your mod is causing the issue? I guess the magic question would be, "did you create a different asset for the cloth amulet for DREAM?" If the answer is yes, then both captures show the DREAM modified amulet.
Attachments
Screenshot (376).png
Screenshot (376).png (1.55 MiB) Viewed 1716 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

It prooves my mod is not involved in the "issue".

Baptor

Post by Baptor »

King of Worms wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:40 am It prooves my mod is not involved in the "issue".
Lol if both amulets looking the same proves your mod isn't to blame, then we didn't need the second screenshot at all, as I already thought. Burt already solved this mystery several posts ago.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Comparing modded and un modded screens is the key to determine if the mod is actually causing the issue (as that was what you originally suggested and thats why you post it in this mod thread and thats why I asked for 2 screens) If the modded and unmodded screen is the same, that means mod is not interfering with anything. Maybe time to move on. Please... thank you

Baptor

Post by Baptor »

King of Worms wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:26 pm Your logic is flawed. Comparing modded and un modded screens is the key to determine if the mod is actually causing the issue (as that was what you originally suggested and thats why you post it in this mod thread) If the modded and unmodded screen is the same, that means mod is not interfering with anything. Not sure what you fighting here anyway. Maybe time to move on. Please...
Haha why are you acting like I'm some sort of troll? I had a question that's all. Burt gave me a satisfactory answer. I had dropped it when you insisted I post a second screenshot. I wasn't fighting you... you asked for more evidence. I was satisfied with Burt's explanation. The fact that the two amulets look the same is the entire reason I posted in the first place. When I turned DREAM off, I expected all the graphics to revert to a more pixelated, less sharp look, but several items did not. Burt had an explanation, but you weren't satisfied by it.

The original question remains unanswered... why does it look the same in both mod and unmodded? My assumption, which I stated earlier, is that you didn't change those assets in DREAM, but I guess now I'll never know. I won't bring it up again.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Great, take care

MrFlibble

Post by MrFlibble »

Baptor wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:52 pm The original question remains unanswered... why does it look the same in both mod and unmodded? My assumption, which I stated earlier, is that you didn't change those assets in DREAM, but I guess now I'll never know. I won't bring it up again.
I guess I'm late to the party but if you look closely at the screenshots you posted you'll notice that the sprite is actually not the same:
cloth_amulet.png
cloth_amulet.png (30.21 KiB) Viewed 1524 times
@BadLuckBurt gave a reasonable explanation for that: in both cases, the sprite is not rendered at full resolution in this part of the interface because it is larger than the cell it is supposed to fit, unlike other items (bracelet, gem, etc.). So both the vanilla sprite and the upscaled sprite are scaled down here. And because the upscaled sprite is based on the vanilla sprite, they look similar enough without zooming in to appear identical.