KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Adrinus

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by Adrinus »

loki1944 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:16 pm I would really like to use this mod, but I seem to stupid too figure out how to get it to work, I made the changes in the Nvidia control panel, but I can't find any file or folder for the directed "dungeon textures" settings. So, while I can get the mod to load, no textures show at all for buildings and ground. I'm sure I'm missing something probably obvious to everyone else, but would appreciate some help, since this mod looks so fantastic.
I was hoping to help you but I'm perplexed as to why you are looking for a dungeon textures folder at all...
After making the Nvidia changes, it should be as simple as putting the mod into the mod folder in "...\Daggerfall\DaggerfallUnity_Data\StreamingAssets\Mods".

Then when you launch daggerfall unity you make sure the mod is enabled in the lancher, and then make sure to configure the settings as described on the first page for best experience.

loki1944

Post by loki1944 »

I guess I was looking at the original post and misunderstood, but I have put the files in the mods folder as directed and the buildings have no textures. Mod files are enabled in the Daggerfall menu and menus look fantastic now, but the buildings are all devoid of texture, as are dungeon floors. I tried with this mod by itself and no other mods and same result.

Image[/img]
Attachments
DaggerfallUnity 2019-03-27 16-24-37-700.jpg
DaggerfallUnity 2019-03-27 16-24-37-700.jpg (1.34 MiB) Viewed 1299 times
DF UNITY 1.PNG
DF UNITY 1.PNG (21.37 KiB) Viewed 1299 times

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

loki1944 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:31 pm menus look fantastic now, but the buildings are all devoid of texture, as are dungeon floors
Man... That looks odd... It might have something to do with his new bump-mapped looking textures... I can only guess it's a driver incompatibility... but I have to admit I don't really know what's causing it.

I can only suggest trying a completely clean install of DFU and DREAM and see what happens.

pango

Post by pango »

loki1944 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:31 pm Image
From your screenshot I get you're running Daggerfall Unity 0.5.411 from July 2018 or something.
Latest DREAM version is for Daggerfall Unity 0.7.x (I think), you should install a newer version.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks Pango :D these kinds of bug reports are scarry to me.. all I can see is a problem I have no idea about, I just want to put my head in sand and pretend nobodys home..

loki1944

Post by loki1944 »

Thanks guys! Installing a newer version fixed it, I apologize for taking your time for something so simple. Mod looks fantastic by the way, great job.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Glad to hear that, enjoy :)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Im back, if anyone has anything to add to the new version, pls let me know.
Otherwise Ill make it as soon as I receive the new materials from Sir Quasifex ;)
Thank you!

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

Here's the nature sprites I've done:
Spoiler!
https://www.mediafire.com/file/7940lqzd ... 18.7z/file

I actually don't think there's many more of them I can do well... I'm not quite as skilled with nature.

pango

Post by pango »

Looking sweet :)
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart