KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
King of Worms

Re: KoW - Daggerfall Remaster 3.0

Post by King of Worms »

About the paintings being sideways. Thats something I feared! Problem is, I was not able to find all the paintings ingame and make sure the rotation is ok. I found just one wrong painting and made the correction. Fix is quite easy tho, just rotate that texture and check how it looks. I will check the save u provided and make a correction of that texture, thank you!

Problem is I have a very demanding situation to go thru IRL now, yes, those relationships can get very complicated from time to time. So as it is now, Im just getting thru each day, one by one, trying to survive the pressure. That will indeed get better, but now Im basically offline :/

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Indeed. But we always keep in mind the (unofficial) #1 rule of Daggerfall Unity: "Real life matters more than DFU" :)

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Jay_H wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:22 pm Indeed. But we always keep in mind the (unofficial) #1 rule of Daggerfall Unity: "Real life matters more than DFU" :)
Indeed. :)
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks for understanding, thats how it is.
I have this plan
:cry: :arrow: :? :arrow: :| :arrow: :roll: :arrow: ;) :arrow: :) :arrow: :D :arrow: :twisted:

Bender

Post by Bender »

I read back as far as june that people were having problems with flickering towns folk. I'm not sure if this problem has already been addressed, I just wanted to state i'm having the same issue. Daggerfall Remaster looks incredible but it abuses the memory on my machine hard and i have 16gb's with a 4gb vid card. I can't use compressed textures due to the townsfolk problem and even if i did, loading issues and crashes are constant. Changing from indoor to outdoor locations and vice versa are usually the culprit. I'm using the recommended mods stated in the readme. I guess what i'm asking is are these still current known issues or am i likely doing something wrong with my setup? if they are known, no worries, i can play without them.

pango

Post by pango »

From what I understand that's an issue in Unity, and it's not fixed.
Instead of disabling textures compression I recommend removing town folks textures (.png and .xml files whose names start with numbers in ranges 381~399 and 451~456)
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Bender

Post by Bender »

I will try this thank you!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks Pango, its really like that.
New version will be more mature in terms of performance/visual fidelity.

But I will not release it until some problems in DFU/Unity are dealt with. And there is always more things to work on in the meantime.

Im getting over the relationship problems I had and I think I will progress more on this mod in a future.

Bender

Post by Bender »

Pango's suggestion worked perfectly and honestly does not detract from the look hardly at all. Performance is improved dramatically as well. Do not enable the realtime reflections mod either. On the latest build is screws up rendering of street and water textures using this mod.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Glad it worked for you, it will be hopefully solved in a future.