KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
TheLacus

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by TheLacus »

clocknova wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:39 pm In addition, none of the presets for various mods are showing up in their presets sections, despite the presets folder being placed exactly where instructed.

EDIT: The problem with the presets is actually due to the fact the the streamingassets folder cannot be written to in the Mac version. All .json files are written to a folder in LibraryApplication Support/ where the save files are stored, and all presets are stored collectively in one .json file for each mod, so I'm not sure if it's really possible for you to get the presets to work as intended with the Mac version. Fortunately, it's not critical for the mod to function.
Files from StreamingAssets/Presets are only read, not written. There shouldn't be any difference between presets and all other assets, including .dfmod files.

jedidia

Post by jedidia »

Hmmm, this is weird... Installing the newest DREAM, I get pink buildings. I.e. the building textures are not applied. If I delete dream - textures.dfmod, the original textures are showing up fine.

I should mention that I updated to DFU 0.10.11 in the same go as installing the new DREAM, so there might be some connection. Unfortunately older builds don't seem to be available to test that assumption.

EDIT: Also noteworthy: Disabling the textures mod seems to have no effect. I have to delete the file in order for the original textures to show up.
Last edited by jedidia on Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Braggi

Post by Braggi »

K.O.W. ... by Kynareth, I can't tell you the anticipation I've had waiting for this update. RC6... RC6... been muttering that for weeks now. I am finally downloading it from Nexus today. :D

(Okay, so I'm a little loopy with excitement here. Pardon the minor derangement... I've only been playing DF since 1997 or so. :P )

Seriously, though. I can't believe what you have accomplished. Visually and sound wise, this is definitely the Daggerfall I've always wanted to play. It gives me a great deal of pleasure to be rubbing my hands excitedly in anticipation of improvements on a game I've loved for 22 years.

Thank you, so much!

Braggi

Post by Braggi »

@jedida:

I'm still on the older version of Unity and my download just finished. I'll give it a try and see if the same problem appears. If it doesn't, I'll update and try again to help out. (I've kept archives of some of the the older DF Unity versions, just in case.)

jedidia

Post by jedidia »

Hold on a moment, looks like I'm just stupid. I've accidentally downloaded the linux version instead of the windows version. Serves me right for spending most of my time on a Linux system, I guess. I'm pretty confident this will resolve my issue, if not I'll check back in.

What I don't quite get though is why the reshade package for linux contains a dll. That's clearly a windows thing...
Last edited by jedidia on Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

clocknova

Post by clocknova »

TheLacus wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:54 pm Files from StreamingAssets/Presets are only read, not written. There shouldn't be any difference between presets and all other assets, including .dfmod files.
Well, player-created presets are stored in the same location as save files (along with mod setting, thank you VERY much), and the mod will not read the presets stored in Data/StreamingAssets/Presets. Don't know why.
Last edited by clocknova on Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jedidia

Post by jedidia »

Yeah, all good now.
@K.O.W: Are you sure you packed the right reshade files into the linux package? Because my windows doesn't have a problem with it, and I don't see a compiled library running on both systems...

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hi, Im glad the problem was not on my side .)
Linux has DLL because I I never used Linux and create those versions just blindly hoping it will work, which it mostly does. If this means the reshade is not working on Linux, I will remove the files in next release (In a same manner I removed CINEMATICS for linux until it works)

Braggi

Post by Braggi »

@jedida: Glad to see you got it worked out. (You're using a Linux install? Pardon me if I do the occasional "we're-not-worthy" bow in your general direction. I've never been able to get myself and Linux on speaking terms and admire anyone who does.) :)

jedidia

Post by jedidia »

I can't test, but what I know for sure is that code compiled for windows will not run in linux natively (might or might not run under WINE). Looking at the reshade website, I see no indication that there are linux builds for it. I think this is a windows only thing.
You're using a Linux install? Pardon me if I do the occasional "we're-not-worthy" bow in your general direction. I've never been able to get myself and Linux on speaking terms and admire anyone who does.
Nothing to admire, really. I work on linux in my day job. I still run windows at home, because it's just more convenient, and win 10 is a pretty rock-solid system (occasional breakage by updates notwithstanding). Linux is great for servers, because you can make it as lightweight as you want it, can easily automate deployment and configuration, and it doesn't bring any licensing costs with it, but it's not my idea of a user system.