KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
King of Worms

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks mate, much appreciated!
Just do what you find enjoyable to do and ignore the rest :)

PS: Im doing some of the animated dancers, good change for me... and I get some nice results

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

Spoiler!
How's that?

I think I'll do the Mask like in the future ones, and I'll make the rose into a wand in the shape of the staff from future games.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I love it all mate! :geek:
And I was thinking about the skull on the ankh but failed on that, Im glad you did it, great touch!!

About the rose.. its completely up to you. Just a note... it cant be equipped, its just a thing you have in a inventory.. if you make long staff, it will be very small in the inventory, so you need to be aware of that...
Spoiler!
Rose.jpg
Rose.jpg (310.3 KiB) Viewed 1435 times

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Perfect corrections Adrinus, you have a skillful eye to detect the anatomical nonsense and correct it. Those shoulder areas for example, and hands. Plus your shading also evolved nicely from the start. New faces on the children are awesome, and Im very glad this will allow us to use these vanila sprites to keep it all in one style!!!

Only thing I dont agree is, that you removed my present from the bottle :lol: Plus the face of the lady 184_19-0 got much older by the shading. That no problem. I will maybe make a 50/50mix of the old and new face... facelift of sorts .)

Thanks mate :)

PS: what SW do you use doing the animated sprites head changes. When I use photoshop, I always get a problem to replace the head on all frames in a way it doesnt move/change a bit in between the frames.. ty

PSS: now I will find the duplicates in the game files and create them from the files you sent me.. so all the ingame sprites get updated.. this part is boring.. I wonder what all the duplicates are for. And IF they are all necessary. But testing it etc seems very time consuming and so I will skip it and just do it as always... Daggerfall file structure is indeed chaotic at times.

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

I use a software called Paint.Net. It has MS paint's interface, but more power like gimp or photoshop (less than photoshop). The way I do the animated frames is I start on one that has the moving piece as out of the way as possible(no overlaps or small ones). Then I fully shade that one. I open the next one up, Ctrl+a ctrl+c copy the edited one, and then ctrl+shift+v (to paste to its own layer). Because you're using the whole canvas when you copy all, it fits exactly on the next one. Finally I just erase part of the new copied layer until whatever has changed is visible. It's best to open all the frames at once, so you can use the same brush color, strength etc. on all the frames when you make touchups on the moving parts.
King of Worms wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:27 am ... I wonder what all the duplicates are for. And IF they are all necessary. But testing it etc seems very time consuming and so I will skip it and just do it as always... Daggerfall file structure is indeed chaotic at times.
I remember back in the day there was a patch that made some of the sprites have drow coloring. Perhaps they intended certain regional NPCs, but never got around to it, or that many more sprites was too much for the engine.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks for all the info, I will try that SW.. photoshop does not work too good for this purpose.

EDIT: Just reduced the shading around eyes and cheeks to 50% and I love it. You killed this sprite man. The new details of hair and the upper clothing and the shading... damn!
Spoiler!
184_19-0a.png
184_19-0a.png (583.59 KiB) Viewed 1354 times

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

Made another For you:
Spoiler!
https://www.mediafire.com/file/rfb1r5gv ... l.zip/file

Now I gotta do this Chonky Fellow:

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Wow the face, hands and shadows :shock: Great job, thanks!!!
Ive updated the credits accordingly, its getting harder to track all the stuff but I try :)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Ok the PaintNet SW is perfect for animations, just finally did the KoW animation set, which has 21 frames.. something I would die doing in PS. Thank you for a tip!