KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
pango

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by pango »

The videos are playing fine under Linux, that uses a different video format (webm instead of mp4).
I saw no change in video format support between Unity 2018.2 and Unity 2019.4 though
That smells like a Unity bug...

Any warnings if played inside the Unity Editor?
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

ivan.lt

Post by ivan.lt »

Hi! First of all, thanks for the incredible amount of work put into DREAM. The question is, the HUD & Menu mod replaces mouse pointers with works of pure art -- however, when I disable the mod to revert to the default look they sort of remain in effect, only physically removing the dfmod file does the trick. Is it a bug or by design or an error on my part?

pango

Post by pango »

ivan.lt wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:13 pm when I disable the mod to revert to the default look they sort of remain in effect, only physically removing the dfmod file does the trick. Is it a bug or by design or an error on my part?
That's a DFU limitation at this point; If a mod provides a mouse cursor, it's enabled while mods are being enumerated (so even before they're enabled).
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Kilg0re_Tr0ut

Post by Kilg0re_Tr0ut »

I noticed this too! When I start 10.26 or 10.26a, I just get a black screen. When I hit escape, the main menu shows up. From then on in, everything seems fine.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

pango wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:17 pm The videos are playing fine under Linux, that uses a different video format (webm instead of mp4).
I saw no change in video format support between Unity 2018.2 and Unity 2019.4 though
That smells like a Unity bug...

Any warnings if played inside the Unity Editor?
Thanks for reply. In the Unity editor the videos play just fine and I have not seen any warning anywhere :X

Uncanny_Valley

Post by Uncanny_Valley »

I am currently updating my tavern redone mod, adding some more taverns and updating the existing ones. While testing them with Dream enabled I noticed that some wood textures had turned to dirt. :lol:

The models in question are 43000l, 43001 and 43002. You can see below how it looks with and without Dream texures enabled. If possibly, could this be fixed? It would be nice if I could keep using these models and know that they look good with this wonderful mod enabled. Thanks!
WoodenBoards.png
WoodenBoards.png (1.94 MiB) Viewed 1147 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Damn, its scary how its all connected, I made ONE change to the material... its the floor of the dungeon walk-thru. Used to be wooden, but I liked the idea of making it dirt, because it worked nicely and connected different floor materials in between the dungeon blocks nicely. And OFC its used in a inns as a random object :D There are like 10 wood surfaces to choose from, and they used this one...

Im really not sure now. I dont really want to change it back to wood :cry:

Thanks for letting me know, I will meditate (sleep) on that ;)

EDIT: Is it used in a base game, or its a object you placed? If its the 2nd option, might it be possible to use some other wooden surface, if there is any to choose from?
Spoiler!
Dung (39).jpg
Dung (39).jpg (552.73 KiB) Viewed 1130 times
Dung (17).jpg
Dung (17).jpg (565.76 KiB) Viewed 1130 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Btw I tried to create the videos DFMOD in the LTS build with the latest DFU master and its quite painful, because the mod builder acts a bit funky.

I added just the video files, made sure there are only these files in the selection, pressed the Build button and now it is "importing" ALL the files from my DREAM folder, for some unknown reason. So I guess I will wait a hour until that happens and will observe the result...

EDIT: After 1 hour it spit out the DFMOD package, it has the same size as the previous version. When dropped in the Mods folder, it doesnt appear in the game to enable it. This is gonna be funny :lol: I just hope this 1 hour "pre-process" is a one time event, because if not, its gonna take days to create DREAM for all 3 operating systems :o

haloterm

Post by haloterm »

King of Worms wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:04 pm Damn, its scary how its all connected, I made ONE change to the material... its the floor of the dungeon walk-thru. Used to be wooden, but I liked the idea of making it dirt, because it worked nicely and connected different floor
If, as a simple user of your mod, could utter a wish, it would be that you don't change materials like in this example, for compatibility reasons ... I think it is better if DREAM is just a more defined version of default, but not a deviation from it. I think such changes could be done by separate mods, if desired.

Uncanny_Valley

Post by Uncanny_Valley »

King of Worms wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:04 pm Damn, its scary how its all connected, I made ONE change to the material... its the floor of the dungeon walk-thru. Used to be wooden, but I liked the idea of making it dirt, because it worked nicely and connected different floor materials in between the dungeon blocks nicely. And OFC its used in a inns as a random object :D There are like 10 wood surfaces to choose from, and they used this one...

Im really not sure now. I dont really want to change it back to wood :cry:

Thanks for letting me know, I will meditate (sleep) on that ;)

EDIT: Is it used in a base game, or its a object you placed? If its the 2nd option, might it be possible to use some other wooden surface, if there is any to choose from?
Spoiler!
Dung (39).jpg
Dung (17).jpg
As far as I know this object it not used in the base game. But there are plenty of objects that I added that I used to believe didn't exist and later found or got told that there are there. But when an object doesn't exist in the base game, it feels nice to basically "restore" some "cut content". ;)

There are other wooden objects that I could use instead, however, this model works very well in creating small wooden surfaces, such as a stage for entertainers to perform on inside the inns, and looks really nice. Using other wooden objects wouldn't quite give the same result. But the biggest issue is that there is some extra work involved in designing locations to make sure that they play nice with various combinations of mods, and fixing this would alleviate some extra work for me and future creators, and would be appreciated. :)