KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
King of Worms

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by King of Worms »

Wow these looks awesome, thanks a lot! :twisted:
Will think about the versions as well

RedHookGhost

Post by RedHookGhost »

I think I posted these, but I went ahead and cleaned them up just a little, and here they are again. Gonna work on the others, then get back to the vampires.
Attachments
FACE05I0.CIF_9-0.png
FACE05I0.CIF_9-0.png (273.34 KiB) Viewed 1744 times
FACE05I0.CIF_8-0.png
FACE05I0.CIF_8-0.png (197.52 KiB) Viewed 1744 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks a lot, now its complete! I might have missed these somehow ;)

RedHookGhost

Post by RedHookGhost »

Here's a couple of the the 410s you pointed out. I was just going to touch them up, basically just put a more defined nose and hair, but it didn't look like it fit together so I kept going, and it ended up just being the whole thing.

I'm actually going to go back through the Altmer I've already done and change the sclera (whites of the eyes) to a lighter color. Right now the Altmer and Bosmer basically look the same, so I figured I'd differentiate them a little. It'll take like five minutes tops per image. These two are ready.
Attachments
FACE04I0.CIF_0-0.png
FACE04I0.CIF_0-0.png (246.94 KiB) Viewed 1671 times
FACE04I0.CIF_1-0.png
FACE04I0.CIF_1-0.png (233.14 KiB) Viewed 1671 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hi and thank you!

This remake is really good, much better than mine rendition indeed ;)
The idea of making the Alt/Bosmer more differentiated is a nice one and great initiative

I was thinking about moving to google docs, so I dont miss any faces like it happened once already :X But I kind of like the communication here on forums as its fast and easy.

Well, in any case, Ive setup a google docs where there are all current faces in numeric order, each face has its page, with its name as a side note which u can reply to or make new notes, maybe have a look and I will add you as editor there. Not sure if its a way to go, maybe tell me what u think about it, if it feels like a burden, lets continue on the forums :) Or maybe that email? Just a idea, not sure if a good one :lol:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fRI ... sp=sharing

RedHookGhost

Post by RedHookGhost »

I can keep posting information here on the thread and upload the images themselves to google drive if that works? Up to you.

I've got the next two images ready, and sent the access request just now. So I'll wait to upload them there if you want.

I'm about to start on the Vampire portraits again, and was wondering how I should do that? I was thinking about making each VAMP pic one of the existing character portraits, just because that makes more sense than a brand new face out of nowhere. The issue is that it doesn't look like the canvas sizes match up (or are in intervals of x2).

For the Redguard lady I copied the face from image 0-0 to the VAMP portrait and lined up the features, then cleaned up the hair and altered the image, so the image size and position match VAMP00I0.CIF_1-0, but that'll be a slightly more indepth process with more detailed drawings that don't have a matching VAMP file.

So I just want to mare SURE before I start: Which canvas size should I be using?

Since I'm using existing character portraits, should I use the default canvas sizes of FACE.CIF? Or should I import the drawings to the VAMP.CIF files and reposition/resize them?

....I really hope these questions make sense. I don't know how clear I'm being. XD

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hi RedHook,

sry it took so long, yesterday our wifi went down and I was quite busy to deal with anything

Thanks for asking about the image posting/sharing - I think its ok to continue in a same manner as we did in the past, no need to change anything, I can have the google to keep track of things for me, as the sharing and traffic at this thread is not a issue :)

About the vamp images. did not realize the dimensions/canvas size are different to the ones before turning vampire. Bethesda acting funny again.... well, the bottom line is, the new VAMP image must have same dimensions as the original-vamp one and that the eyes and mouth and nose must be in a same position.

If this was not ensured, the heads would not fit on the paperdoll :X

So you can take any standard face you choose, place it in the VAMP canvas and make it fit, thats the only way Im afraid.
Damn, did not expect this... So the answer is this exactly as you said :

"..import the drawings to the VAMP.CIF files and reposition/resize them"

RedHookGhost

Post by RedHookGhost »

Sounds good to me. I'll go ahead and post what I've got so far here then.

Thanks for clearing up the canvas confusion. It won't be difficult to do, I just wanted to make sure I had it right so I didn't have to redo them all if I picked the wrong one.

I've got two the 5I0 portraits ready.
I altered the lady Redguard 0-0 portrait, to have consistent hair (same as the vampire, which I also updated)
I updated the lady Dunmer vampire portrait because I used the wrong canvas size (thankfully it was a matching portrait so it was a simple fix).
Vampire portrait lady Breton is ready too.

I'll post them in order. 5I0 Bosmers here:
Attachments
FACE05I0.CIF_4-0.png
FACE05I0.CIF_4-0.png (392.58 KiB) Viewed 1447 times
FACE05I0.CIF_0-0.png
FACE05I0.CIF_0-0.png (314.53 KiB) Viewed 1447 times

RedHookGhost

Post by RedHookGhost »

Redguard lady 0-0 (updated matching hair)
Vampire portraits (updated matching hair)

Correct canvas and positions for all.

(You can see the canvas differences between FACE/VAMP here. It's strange, but I think it must have been done that way to make room for the ears. In Daggerfall, it looks like the vampire portraits for all races have elongated ears.)
Attachments
FACE11I0.CIF_0-0.png
FACE11I0.CIF_0-0.png (71 KiB) Viewed 1446 times
VAMP00I0.CIF_1-0(jewelry-blood).png
VAMP00I0.CIF_1-0(jewelry-blood).png (76.43 KiB) Viewed 1446 times
VAMP00I0.CIF_1-0(blood).png
VAMP00I0.CIF_1-0(blood).png (75.2 KiB) Viewed 1446 times

RedHookGhost

Post by RedHookGhost »

Third and final post for today:

Lady Dunmer Vampire portrait (updated: ported to correct VAMP canvas and repositioned)
Lady Breton Vampire portrait (ported similar Breton 8-0 face to VAMP canvas, repositioned, and altered).

So that's 7 images so far. Still working on the next VAMP portraits. Some are easy, some will take time.
Attachments
VAMP00I0.CIF_3-0(blood).png
VAMP00I0.CIF_3-0(blood).png (377.9 KiB) Viewed 1442 times
VAMP00I0.CIF_0-0(blood).png
VAMP00I0.CIF_0-0(blood).png (259.8 KiB) Viewed 1442 times