KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Yagiza

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by Yagiza »

Skeletons and Skeletal Warriors are not the same kind of undead. And unlike Skeletons, Skeletal Warriors are usually described with red glow deep in their eye sockets. So, Skeletal Warriors in daggerfall look absolutely correct. And they should not look like Skeletons in Skyrim.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks god - I did not really want to change it against original Daggerfall :)
Anyway, with your extensive knowledge, any idea which mobs should really have glowing eyes and what colors?

So far in my mod
RED EYES:
Giant Rat
Giant Bat
Skeleton, Lich, Ancient Lich
Vampire female & male
Werewolf (but not Wereboar so far, Im thinking about white dot eyes or nothing)

BLUE EYES:

Ghost
Wraith

NOT SURE:
Gargoyle, Imp, spider - they all have big red eyes in vanilla, I think they should be glowing, but...
Last edited by King of Worms on Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Firebrand

Post by Firebrand »

Yagiza wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:10 am Skeletons and Skeletal Warriors are not the same kind of undead. And unlike Skeletons, Skeletal Warriors are usually described with red glow deep in their eye sockets. So, Skeletal Warriors in daggerfall look absolutely correct. And they should not look like Skeletons in Skyrim.
Thanks, I didn't know ;)

BTW, a little OT but I've found out that someone made a Skyrim mod to replace Skyrim Skeletons sound with Daggerfall Skeletal Warriors one. Here's the result :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :o :o :o :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC5jKA4vMi4

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

These 90s sounds are so hardcore compared to original Skyrim skeletons :)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

200 000 files/47gb in a base section alone...
110gb total with backups
Size matters.jpg
Size matters.jpg (383.69 KiB) Viewed 1483 times

Firebrand

Post by Firebrand »

Firebrand wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:03 pm
Adrinus wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:37 am
King of Worms wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:33 pm There are lots of heads and Adrinus is working on em.
I have been having trouble getting back to work lately. In case anyone is dying to continue the work before I return to it, or just want "something" to tide them over:

Here is what I have so far:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/fseluhg5 ... 19.7z/file

Put the CifRci folder into the textures folder.
I've put the HD Faces in the texture/CifRci folder with the body ones.
Surely I'm doing something wrong, but...

Big Face.small.png

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Big Face fixed in DFU 0.10.8 8-)

On the other hand, I've tried to use the new HD horse (I've put the loose files provided here viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2298&start=98 in /Textures/CifRci subfolder): it looks supercool 8-) , but unfortunately there's a thin line which apper just above the horse head...How I can get rid of it? :?:
Line above Horse Head.commented.smaller.png
Line above Horse Head.commented.smaller.png (1.5 MiB) Viewed 1307 times
There's a thin line also at the base of the upper part of the head, but it's less noticeable.

The HD cart also have the same "border" line appearing. But something weirder happens with the cart: when you move, near the lower right part of the horse head, a black trapezium appears and disappears, even if it's not in the frame itself :shock: :?

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks for the face report, another bug smashed, good :)

That line... you need to wait for the DFMOD release, it will be sorted there, its caused by texture wrapping, and you cant set the up in loosefiles only in Unity editor - which I did. This is a risk of using not officially released stuff ;)

On the other hand, Im glad that I see the horse neck fits nicely, Ive created a DREAM compatilbility files for Roleplay and Realism mod - Advanced horseriding (this is the files u downloaded and mod u apparently use) and this is the result. You can look bellow yourself to the horse and it has new prolonged neck to support that.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Anyway, with the new 0.10.8 release I will test few new functions out (esp the mod settings export, day night cycle of the dungeons exits, placing icons in the DFMOD) and I think in a week I will finally release RC6. Ive made quite a progress since RC5 since the release. Just today I tuned some sounds (footsteps, bird songs) created glowing eyes for a spider, daedroth and gargoyle, made frost deadra emissive, finetuned some MOBs details, tweaked Deadric dagger 1st person handheld weapon to have darker blade...
Last edited by King of Worms on Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pango

Post by pango »

Fire daedra, Frost daedra, Fire atronach light aura, ghosts and vampires shadow removal didn't make it in 0.10.8, but I'm sure those features will make it in some way eventually... Can't wait to see that combined with emissive textures!
It will require some tweaking of Improved Lighting too, because to make them look right I had to disable the shadows of all of them, but Improved Lighting forces them back on. But I'm sure that will be fixed :)
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hi mate, thanks for your work! I observe it on the Git (HybOj) - its really great that you also included the vampire/ghost shadows removal, thats a really fine detail and I love it.

I also wonder how the new light will work with emissive mobs, thats to be seen. Lets hope the sprites dont get too bright :) But everything can be tuned afterwards, when implemented

EDIT: Some MOBs screenshots:
Those Daedras looks proper :) This is with the reshade settings Ive tuned, its mostly for sun only, but the emissive deadras pick on that, so they have slight godrays and flares, it looks really good when moving :twisted:
1.jpg
1.jpg (532.12 KiB) Viewed 1228 times
Atronachs :) Idea - Make Ice atronach partially transparent
attronachs.jpg
attronachs.jpg (267.32 KiB) Viewed 1224 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (481.95 KiB) Viewed 1228 times