KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
VMblast

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by VMblast »

@King of Worms
Thank you! :)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Comparing the parity with original... quite similar here.
Plus day windows at winter...
Spoiler!
Compare.jpg
Compare.jpg (691.2 KiB) Viewed 1518 times
aa.jpg
aa.jpg (609.33 KiB) Viewed 1514 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

1st PAGE DOWNLOAD LINK UPDATED
with a Release Candidate 2 (RC2) https://mega.nz/#!WyYyGCwT!Soj-ev3bQRaS ... -vjFmLbe10

- All DFMOD Packs were recompiled with more up to date version of Unity.

- All the advanced materials are working now + there are more of them. Thanks to Quasifex for his awesome work on DREAM - TEXTURES part!
He utilized Ambient Oclusion/Height/Normal/Roughness & Specular maps and other shading methods.

- Further tweaks, polish and general optimalization pass on whole mod

- Now merged with Pangos Charcoal Ghosts mod, thank you Pango!! https://forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1526

- Download size still slightly reduced to 617mb

Be sure all the old DREAM files are properly replaced with the new ones in case you are updating from a old version.
Its best to just DELETE ALL DREAM files before copying the new ones there.
This new RC2 package contains all the mod parts...

Have fun :)

Yes, spells are upscaled as well, they look nice while animated ingame..
Spoiler!
DFU.jpg
DFU.jpg (528.69 KiB) Viewed 1497 times
skulls.jpg
skulls.jpg (511.53 KiB) Viewed 1488 times
Last edited by King of Worms on Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Ha... so nice to see my textures in 3d :)
Spoiler!
aaa.jpg
aaa.jpg (506.1 KiB) Viewed 1484 times

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

King of Worms wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:43 pm He utilized Ambient Oclusion/Height/Normal/Roughness & Specular maps and other shading methods.
I'm afraid some of them arent working. As a form of optimization, supported texture maps for standard shader must be marked in build, and can't be used by mods otherwise.

The list of supported maps is provided in the section named Supported texture uniforms in the docs.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks for info, more testing is needed for sure. Out of curiosity, why not allow modders to use all the possible maps, and let them/us just deal with the consequences? :)

BTW? Should normal maps be the same resolution as the albedo source map? Or can I use lets say 1/2 resolution on normals? Thank you

For a reference, here are the supported maps according to the doc you kindly sent me:
Albedo (no map tag)
Normal
Emission (white, actual color is set for daytime)
MetallicGloss
Last edited by King of Worms on Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Btw I did some further testing with a compression quality settings. I use dxt5 as a baseline standard, it works really good in most of the cases, thats why its a default setting.

But I was still not 100% happy with the details I was getting on the static NPCs in a closeup view. So I made 2 comparison shots with different settings and yes, when you are close to the face, you can see the benefits of the high quality BC7 compression indeed. Yay! So I use this for NPCs from now on. I tryed it with other kind of textures, and the difference was not there, it just bloated the size of archives up.

If you are interested, just download these 2 screens, put em to fullscreen and see for yourself.
Compare.rar
(926.45 KiB) Downloaded 68 times

MasonFace

Post by MasonFace »

Really outstanding work! Keep it up! :D

ACNAero

Post by ACNAero »

Is it possible to undo the small compass size with the new dfmod format? I know before I could just delete an xml file, but now I'm not seeing a way. With the TV I use as a monitor, the small compass is eyestrain for me. Thanks in advance!

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

ACNAero wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:47 pm Is it possible to undo the small compass size with the new dfmod format? I know before I could just delete an xml file, but now I'm not seeing a way. With the TV I use as a monitor, the small compass is eyestrain for me. Thanks in advance!
You can't remove it but you can override it with another xml file. ;)