KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
TheLacus

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by TheLacus »

King of Worms wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:48 am
TheLacus wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:43 pm I don't understand what is the issue in the screenshot, as i already explained Chain and Silver don't have a different color. Can you tell me what do you expect to happen and what happens instead?
Lacus :)

The picture.. look at the right one, look at the legs. Thats what we expect. Because thats vanilla.

Than look on left picture. Thats what is wrong.

Armor has some dark spots on it. Dont tell me u dont see it mate ,)
The picture is a comparison of classic and upscaled. The darks spots are shadows, which are also present in the original texture. For all i know, the heavier contrast is due to upscale.

Please confirm that there is a difference between the image seen in game and the exported texture, before you apply any processing with an image editor. The exporter script relies on the very same API used by the game. Thank you.

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

hokujin wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:17 am Kinda off topic question but Adrinus posted about a texture exporter script a long while ago. I'm wondering if anyone has a dump of vanilla textures for armors and all their dyes.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1168&start=940#p28880

Also, here's just the files:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/vynpclc9 ... s.zip/file
Last edited by Adrinus on Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

TheLacus wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:24 am The picture is a comparison of classic and upscaled. The darks spots are shadows, which are also present in the original texture. For all i know, the heavier contrast is due to upscale.

Please confirm that there is a difference between the image seen in game and the exported texture, before you apply any processing with an image editor. The exporter script relies on the very same API used by the game. Thank you.
Here ya go buddy. I dunno why it was hard to believe: we wouldn't lie to you.

Look at 247_4-0.png, compare it with 245_4-0.png. 245 has normal colors. 247, unlike any other set of armor, is a "high contrast" looking version, quite alot like the default for steel.

(Sorry, Spoiler tags weren't working?)

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

King of Worms wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:54 am Cant wait to test it out.

The helmet offsets will help a lot I guess. Thats the most visible bug to me.
I figure I oughtta share. I made a save with all varieties of weapons, and helmets (not materials, just shapes)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/qo9cqafh ... E7.7z/file

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Adrinus wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:31 pm
TheLacus wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:24 am The picture is a comparison of classic and upscaled. The darks spots are shadows, which are also present in the original texture. For all i know, the heavier contrast is due to upscale.

Here ya go buddy. I dunno why it was hard to believe: we wouldn't lie to you.

Look at 247_4-0.png, compare it with 245_4-0.png. 245 has normal colors. 247, unlike any other set of armor, is a "high contrast" looking version, quite alot like the default for steel.

(Sorry, Spoiler tags weren't working?)
I don't think you are lying but i can't reproduce the issue you are describing. 245 and 247 look the same to me, beside the different shape :?
Attachments
245_247_Steel.png
245_247_Steel.png (10.48 KiB) Viewed 1945 times
245_247.png
245_247.png (11.22 KiB) Viewed 1945 times

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

TheLacus wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:56 pm I don't think you are lying but i can't reproduce the issue you are describing. 245 and 247 look the same to me, beside the different shape :?
Well, I suck. I had been using an older version of the texture exporter script, I got the newest one, and now it works fine... Man, I feel dumb for not thinking to look for updates...

On the bright side I can fix the elven and chain textures now.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

So it seems for some reasons Adrinus export is different than what you get on you PC Lacus.
Thats indeed strange.
I think the most easy solution would be if Adrinus defined what files he needs and you made the export for him?
I will leave this one up to you guys, its confusing even without my input :)

EDIT: lol now I see its solved already, nevermind :D I will try that save
EDIT2: got the offsets and tanto from prev page

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

King of Worms wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:17 pm So it seems for some reasons Adrinus export is different than what you get on you PC Lacus.
Thats indeed strange.
I think the most easy solution would be if Adrinus defined what files he needs and you made the export for him?
I will leave this one up to you guys, its confusing even without my input :)

EDIT: lol now I see its solved already, nevermind :D I will try that save
EDIT2: got the offsets and tanto from prev page
Poof! TheLacus flavoured patch:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ytglz6dl ... 47.7z/file

I also made a little treat for the community:

Colored Helmets!

https://www.mediafire.com/file/kkt108td ... rs.7z/file

hokujin

Post by hokujin »

Awesome! thanks a lot Adrinus

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

:shock: yes!!! Those helmets, so great to finally have the variety, really awesome addition mate!!