KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Adrinus

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by Adrinus »

To ensure you have everything exactly as I do, I've uploaded a straight copy of my texture folder.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/y55ev8bu ... s.zip/file

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

About the mac..l upload new version elswhere..
No ETA

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Adrinus wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:27 pm To ensure you have everything exactly as I do, I've uploaded a straight copy of my texture folder.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/y55ev8bu ... s.zip/file
Thanks mate, will check it tomorrow ,)

1Mac

Post by 1Mac »

King of Worms wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:43 pm About the mac..l upload new version elswhere..
No ETA
Great, thank you! I'll keep an eye out for it.

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

Found another odd quirk: Silver Mace. It retains original graphics. At first I thought that maybe the weapons, unlike the armor, needed a Silver weapon type. So I added them in, and it remained pixellated. I'm wondering if DFU is having some difficulty loading in so many files?

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Adrinus wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:07 am Found another odd quirk: Silver Mace. It retains original graphics. At first I thought that maybe the weapons, unlike the armor, needed a Silver weapon type. So I added them in, and it remained pixellated. I'm wondering if DFU is having some difficulty loading in so many files?
Try placing just that in streaming assets and see what happens.. if its still pixelated, its possibly a bug. If there are more issues like this, u should write em down and let Lacus now

pango

Post by pango »

Ommamar wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:02 pm Is there any way we can change the sound effect we get when casting a spell?! I love everything else about DREAM but that sound is like biting on tinfoil to me. I would just disable that portion of the mod but it causes an issue where towns don't render properly.
You mean the Diablo one? :lol:
I didn't play Diablo in ages so I didn't notice, but sure enough streamers noticed ;)
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

pango wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:07 am
Ommamar wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:02 pm Is there any way we can change the sound effect we get when casting a spell?! I love everything else about DREAM but that sound is like biting on tinfoil to me. I would just disable that portion of the mod but it causes an issue where towns don't render properly.
You mean the Diablo one? :lol:
I didn't play Diablo in ages so I didn't notice, but sure enough streamers noticed ;)
:)
Anyway, I still have no idea what specific sound he doesnt like..

Btw that bug when disabling mod causes city layout issues, and deleting the mod from the mod folder solves that problem...

pango

Post by pango »

That should be fixed by 0.10.4, from what I understand.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

pango wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:16 am That should be fixed by 0.10.4, from what I understand.
Awesome :)

Im still bit torn on the fact the shadows were completely disabled in foggy weather. I had some old screens with fog and shadows and it looked good. I agree that shadows should be less visible with fog, but not disabled. If it was 100%, and now its 0%, Id say 33% would look cool. Maybe even 50%, or 25%, u never know until u test it. Just a visible hint of shadows.

Also, I still think mip maps might be a bit more sharp on the terrain, what u did is DEFFO a step in a right direction, I like it, and it feels much better. But theres still room to sharpen it up a bit.

Just two things I have on my mind ;)