KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
King of Worms

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by King of Worms »

I just saw it on Git, I deffo never realized its happening.. good catch!

Btw I have noticed that the automap shows different textures than what I see in the game... I think it might be caused by the "Dungeon textures - Climate" setting Im using. But I have not tested it properly yet.

The map is showing the modded textures, but different kind than the ones Im seeing while walking around the dungeon.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Today I found a way to fit the helmets, its about the pipeline and I made it work.

What I REALLY like about tweaking the helmets using XML is, that the changes in XML transport in the game just by closing and opening the inventory.

So the argonian female is all set, and now when I know how to do it, it will be a matter of day to set all other helmets on all races perfectly. Most likely better than in vanilla. :)

Thats most likely the last big obstacle before the release.

And the 9 vanilla bugs I know about, where the clothing piece is not just a shirt, but it actually has whole body to it :D So a big one, but there are so many shirts and colors and the variants, this one went under the radar for ever. But I will correct it :)

Than its more about polish and improvement... but that will be done incrementally after the release.

This is the vanilla bug, should be just a T- shirts, without a body, like in the rest of the cases:
bug.jpg
bug.jpg (320.74 KiB) Viewed 1126 times

pango

Post by pango »

The latter has been known for a while: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3225
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I underestimated the community knowledge ;)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

10 000+ downloads on Nexus 8-)
Last edited by King of Worms on Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

All 600 helmet variants have been re-seated to the character bodies properly using the XML files :geek:

Azteca

Post by Azteca »

King of Worms wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:47 pm All 600 helmet variants have been re-seated to the character bodies properly using the XML files :geek:
Alright! It's been wonderful to see how the paper doll stuff has come together once you reached out for help. It takes a village! Can't wait to see my paper doll looking so spiffy.

emmathepony

Post by emmathepony »

Azteca wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:09 pm
King of Worms wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:47 pm All 600 helmet variants have been re-seated to the character bodies properly using the XML files :geek:
Alright! It's been wonderful to see how the paper doll stuff has come together once you reached out for help. It takes a village! Can't wait to see my paper doll looking so spiffy.
Same... it's the main thing bothering me when playing it, seeing the pixely mess of my paper doll lol

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Yea I needed that support, Id say it was more on the mental level to keep me sane, and some supportive info which helped me navigate thru the files better, and just scoping out the solutions so I dont have to try everything alone.

This is really scary project... I tryed to avoid it a lot. I knew its utterly insane from the start. U can find the msgs I had about it with Adrinus in the past some 50 pages back Id say. This was just painful, frustrating, overwhelming process. In some aspects, it compares to the rest of the DREAM mod combined.

Its hard to really describe what I went thru with this project. But at some point I was too far to abandon it, eventho I wanted to. But that was not possible, because It would haunt me for the rest of my life :lol: At the same time, the knowledge of what needs to be done to finish it was crippling as well. IDK, it was nightmarish experience most of the time, mixed with some good streaks, especially towards the end.

But for sure, the feeling of acomplishment and relief will be proportional to that. Its always nice to reach the goal.
Im really glad its finally somehow wrapping up to the level I finally feel content with to release to public.

Its 16 826 files behemoth.

For comparison, All MOBs, their corpses, XML files for the corpses and all the emissive eyes for the mobs account for just 4 690 files. And similar amout of files is the complete Handheld weapons pack..

I considered those massive one year ago. Paperdoll is 3,6x bigger than that :twisted:

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Haha I took my time and found the conversations at the page 80, but it goes even more to the past... some statements Ive made were so correct, its funny watching it now:
Im not sure I can do this... its insane amount of absolutely dull work
I want to puke just from the idea. (<< I love this one)
This fucking paperdoll is a work for one year. Just no, Im sorry.
This is even worse than building a house with a pitchfork, this is building a town with one finger. I will not do it.
I do this for two years already, I know how to handle insane jobs, but this is beyond it.
This will not be fun, it will be horror. I will not do it
Rest assured there will be XX bugs we will find when trying to do it. Thats how it always is.
This is utterly ridiculous. Not happening.