KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Johnny4Handsome

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by Johnny4Handsome »

This might have been answered somewhere else, but I couldn't find it:

Would it be possible to make the textures part of the mod adjustable? I am able to run D.R.E.A.M. just fine in exterior locations, but once I'm in a dungeon, it becomes too much for my PC to handle and starts to lag. Right now the mod is kind of an all or nothing option, and I'd love to be able to tweak it more in order to fit my set-up and preferences. Changing the amount of light reflections and possibly choosing which textures I want replaced in-game would be so helpful.

For example; the real grass mod allows you to dial back the size and distance of the mod - so I was wondering if there could be a way to alter the D.R.E.A.M. mod in a similar fashion? Something as simple as being able to choose which locations the mod applies to would be very nice to have.

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

King of Worms wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:00 pm
2) There are missing masks for all helmets which dont have material suffix
for ex 245_28-0 .. just every helm without material does not have mask. Is there a reason behind that?
As far as I can tell I did include them? 245_28-0_Mask.png is the default texture version.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Adrinus wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:51 am
King of Worms wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:00 pm
2) There are missing masks for all helmets which dont have material suffix
for ex 245_28-0 .. just every helm without material does not have mask. Is there a reason behind that?
As far as I can tell I did include them? 245_28-0_Mask.png is the default texture version.
Oh you are right, sorry false alarm :)
Im remaking the front facing commoners frames using the Lady algo, gives better results, so in case you feel like doing them, send me a msg and I send u updated frames. Same with the bodies (but they do look good as they are now)
Last edited by King of Worms on Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Johnny4Handsome wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:54 am This might have been answered somewhere else, but I couldn't find it:

Would it be possible to make the textures part of the mod adjustable? I am able to run D.R.E.A.M. just fine in exterior locations, but once I'm in a dungeon, it becomes too much for my PC to handle and starts to lag. Right now the mod is kind of an all or nothing option, and I'd love to be able to tweak it more in order to fit my set-up and preferences. Changing the amount of light reflections and possibly choosing which textures I want replaced in-game would be so helpful.

For example; the real grass mod allows you to dial back the size and distance of the mod - so I was wondering if there could be a way to alter the D.R.E.A.M. mod in a similar fashion? Something as simple as being able to choose which locations the mod applies to would be very nice to have.
Sorry but no, just wait till u upgrade your pc.
Below medium PC is sufficient to run DREAM.

Also, most llkely your lagging in dungeons is not caused by DREAM
Try disabling dungeon light shadows in the game options ;)

Johnny4Handsome

Post by Johnny4Handsome »

King of Worms wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:04 am
Johnny4Handsome wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:54 am This might have been answered somewhere else, but I couldn't find it:

Sorry but no, just wait till u upgrade your pc.
Below medium PC is sufficient to run DREAM.

Also, most llkely your lagging in dungeons is not caused by DREAM
Try disabling dungeon light shadows in the game options ;)
Ah, that's a shame. Thanks for the advice though, I'll see if that helps!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

It will help mate :)

Btw I now see the number of downloads on Nexus for each version

Windows 110
Linux 3
OSx 0

Makes me wonder if OSx is worth the additional work...

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Interesting! Those are good usage statistics for DFU as a whole, not just DREAM.

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

King of Worms wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:59 pm It will help mate :)

Btw I now see the number of downloads on Nexus for each version

Windows 110
Linux 3
OSx 0

Makes me wonder if OSx is worth the additional work...
Wait for a big release of DFU, and see what it looks like then: I bet people don't all refresh their mods unless there's a big new build avalable for DFU.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I agree that ppl are interrested in DFU on Nexus, its good to see the actual numbers.
And yes, I will wait how the download numbers for each OS will look like in the future.
I think I will keep the OSx anyway, because one of my RL friends is using it, so at least it will be for him :D

Im still messing around with the paperdoll besides other things.
Its strange Ive found that the paperdoll replacement for the staff which was not working for SILVER is working for STEEL... :roll:
Found out Elven claymore is not replaced...

This way, its a long road to go Im affraid. But whatever I guess... maybe Lacus will find some solution to correct this for ALL weapons, I pray :X

Anyway, look at those paperdolls!
When it works, its awesome!
peperdoll.jpg
peperdoll.jpg (1.12 MiB) Viewed 2377 times

Firebrand

Post by Firebrand »

King of Worms wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:39 pm Anyway, look at those paperdolls!
When it works, its awesome!

peperdoll.jpg
:shock: :shock: :shock: 8-) 8-) 8-)