KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Nystul

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by Nystul »

just post the final values here and one of the devs can put them in and submit a pull request ;)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Lets hope someone helps, I dont feel like going thru all the manuals ;)
Thank you Adrinus!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Nystul wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 4:30 pm just post the final values here and one of the devs can put them in and submit a pull request ;)
But Id like to test them before submitting, what if it looks like crap? ... I used the values Ive posted in the reply to you. But cant see it ingame
EDIT: pls tell me how to see these changes in the game :geek:

pango

Post by pango »

Modifying the code was easy: https://github.com/petchema/daggerfall- ... map-levels
But I'm not quite sure what to look at :(
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

King of Worms wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 7:14 pm But Id like to test them before submitting, what if it looks like crap? ... I used the values Ive posted in the reply to you. But cant see it ingame
EDIT: pls tell me how to see these changes in the game :geek:
So get Unity Hub. Grab the same version they use "Unity 2018.2.11f1" I think. Get a copy of the github page's code. In Unity Hub, you can import a project. Find the github download files, and tell it that's the project.

If all goes well, it'll load up, and in the top toolbar there will be a little green play button. Assuming God is willing, and RNJesus smiles upon your house: Daggerfall Unity will launch.

If you've gotten that far without issue, you're in the home stretch: change the values as you like, save the file, and press the green play button again.

Once it's to your liking, just give any changes to Pango, as he was quite quick about pushing them to the master on github.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Sounds like a plan! Thanks a lot, I will give it a go and report back laters.
Lets pray God is indeed willing, and the silicon spirits are at our side :lol:

Btw, still room for progress in the HUD side of things... its Work in progress.. on top its original, bellow is the new tab for spell making
Spoiler!
WiP.jpg
WiP.jpg (848.29 KiB) Viewed 1457 times
Btw, Adrinus, might you be able to actually redraw/enhance this one? Because no upscale methods will ever work on it :/ Ive just enlarged it so its possible to actually work on it...
MASK04I0.IMG.png
MASK04I0.IMG.png (10.2 KiB) Viewed 1457 times

BansheeXYZ

Post by BansheeXYZ »

Where did you get that pattern texture for photoshop? I've been looking for a good set of stone and wood textures, but they seem hard to find.

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

King of Worms wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 12:49 pm Btw, Adrinus, might you be able to actually redraw/enhance this one? Because no upscale methods will ever work on it :/ Ive just enlarged it so its possible to actually work on it...
MASK04I0.IMG.png
No problem. Should I make it look like inlaid stone, or just graphical?

Edit: WIP

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

What u did so far is awesome :)
I think I will leave that up to you. Maybe work the backgrounds a bit as well, so the big pixels are not so evident, but Im not really sure about anything here lol. I think the more yellowish outlines would also appreciate some love, so maybe try the idea you had.

All in all, you are the artist :) Make it look according to you

And thank you!!!

PS: even if you do it exactly as you did the left column, it will be great

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Banshee those are the textures Ive gathered from internet during the times I was working on Dream textures.
Just type Marble texture in the google, switch to images and it will pop up.
It doesnt matter if the texture is green, blue whatever, you can always change that with the Hue tool... or remove saturation to make it appear grey, reduce the brightness to make it dark etc.

PS: The image is a combination of two textures, background was yellow marble, the buttons were blue...