KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Adrinus

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by Adrinus »

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Hey Kow, there is a change with the mod system that you want to know about. It has been reported that game installation folder was not writable on some platforms, so mod settings now are stored in a folder inside PersistentDataPath (with saves, log etc.). Existing settings are automatically moved to new position if possible, but DREAM contains settings for other mods to drop inside StreamingAssets, which is not the way to go now.

There is something better instead, which is an improved support for setttings presets. The preset window now has an export button which exports a preset (which can be created from current settings) to PersistentDataPath/Mods/ExportedPresets. These files can be shared and imported in the following ways:

- From loose files: StreamingAssets/Presets/TargetModName/PresetName.json (i.e. StreamingAssets/Presets/postprocessing/DREAM.json).
- From another mod: ~/Assets/Presets/TargetModName/PresetName.json (i.e. Assets/Game/Mods/DREAM/Assets/Presets/postprocessing/DREAM.json).

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Adrinus wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:25 am Here's the commoners done:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/1nl26pv5 ... rs.7z/file
Thank you so much Adrinus!

I did just a few minor touch ups on the top of the heads, made one face a bit darker and cleaned few outlines I missed in a 1st pass and its done.
So this is another package completed! (I still think about re-rendering the rest of the commoners (not the ones u just sent me) with some better algo.. guys at the AI upscaling have some new stuff which works nice and fast...)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

TheLacus wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:50 pm Hey Kow, there is a change with the mod system that you want to know about. It has been reported that game installation folder was not writable on some platforms, so mod settings now are stored in a folder inside PersistentDataPath (with saves, log etc.). Existing settings are automatically moved to new position if possible, but DREAM contains settings for other mods to drop inside StreamingAssets, which is not the way to go now.

There is something better instead, which is an improved support for setttings presets. The preset window now has an export button which exports a preset (which can be created from current settings) to PersistentDataPath/Mods/ExportedPresets. These files can be shared and imported in the following ways:

- From loose files: StreamingAssets/Presets/TargetModName/PresetName.json (i.e. StreamingAssets/Presets/postprocessing/DREAM.json).
- From another mod: ~/Assets/Presets/TargetModName/PresetName.json (i.e. Assets/Game/Mods/DREAM/Assets/Presets/postprocessing/DREAM.json).
Thanks for a heads up Lacus!
Seems a bit complicated but I think when I try it it will be quite straight forward. I will try the new export function and see where it takes me.
I just hope the end users will not have to navigate to the "PersistentDataPath" themselves. But I think this is not the case. ;)

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

King of Worms wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:14 am
TheLacus wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:50 pm Hey Kow, there is a change with the mod system that you want to know about. It has been reported that game installation folder was not writable on some platforms, so mod settings now are stored in a folder inside PersistentDataPath (with saves, log etc.). Existing settings are automatically moved to new position if possible, but DREAM contains settings for other mods to drop inside StreamingAssets, which is not the way to go now.

Thanks for a heads up Lacus!
Seems a bit complicated but I think when I try it it will be quite straight forward. I will try the new export function and see where it takes me.
I just hope the end users will not have to navigate to the "PersistentDataPath" themselves. But I think this is not the case. ;)
It's all done from UI. Your presets will appear inside the mod settings window. ;)

presetPicker.png
presetPicker.png (264.68 KiB) Viewed 1201 times
presetCreator.png
presetCreator.png (271.37 KiB) Viewed 1201 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thats beautiful, great job!!

jimfcarroll

Post by jimfcarroll »

I'm not sure where to report bugs with mods so I'll start here. Adding this mod incorrectly relabels the Sneak key to Look Around on the screen where you can configure your key mappings.

If this is in the wrong place, my apologies. Please point me to the right place and I'll delete this and move it.

Thanks

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

Hey, KoW. You mentioned having to resize bulk images to change tiny pixel sizes.

Would this help at all? https://dototot.com/imagemagick-tutoria ... mand-line/

I think it might be possible to combine this with a little code to automatically check the image size, and then re-size it without changing the aspect ratio, to fix the odd-pixel images.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

jimfcarroll wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:09 pm I'm not sure where to report bugs with mods so I'll start here. Adding this mod incorrectly relabels the Sneak key to Look Around on the screen where you can configure your key mappings.

If this is in the wrong place, my apologies. Please point me to the right place and I'll delete this and move it.

Thanks
Thanks for a report, will check that!

EDIT: good find, will be corrected in next release!
Last edited by King of Worms on Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Adrinus wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:21 pm Hey, KoW. You mentioned having to resize bulk images to change tiny pixel sizes.

Would this help at all? https://dototot.com/imagemagick-tutoria ... mand-line/

I think it might be possible to combine this with a little code to automatically check the image size, and then re-size it without changing the aspect ratio, to fix the odd-pixel images.
Hi mate, its already done :)

And this is the image resizer, thats what I wanted to avoid. Because if u resize the image, u loose quality. I resized the canvas around the image, that way the quality is not compromised ;) I used that on things like 1st person weapons, sprites etc.. basically images which have a lot of empty space around them. So you either add or remove few pixels of that empty space, keeping the main image untouched.

Thanks for thinking about it tho, appreciated!