KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
l3lessed

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by l3lessed »

King of Worms wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:32 pm I will direct you here mate, my AI upscaling ceased to work :X

The guys there are really good at it, and Im quite sure someone will do it. IF you can find the other high res image it would be cool!

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1956&p=44920#p44920
Thanks, I'll try to get it setup myself. Will it duplicate the look of your dream textures, if I do? It will look real weird if my arm in my shield sprite is different than yours.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

l3lessed wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:13 pm
King of Worms wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:32 pm I will direct you here mate, my AI upscaling ceased to work :X

The guys there are really good at it, and Im quite sure someone will do it. IF you can find the other high res image it would be cool!

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1956&p=44920#p44920
Thanks, I'll try to get it setup myself. Will it duplicate the look of your dream textures, if I do? It will look real weird if my arm in my shield sprite is different than yours.
Well, download this, follow the instal instructions and pray. http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?PHPSE ... ic=18798.0

Than you need to get the models. https://github.com/alsa64/AI-wiki/wiki/Model-Database

And there is a problem because I dont remember what model I used for upscaling of the hands in DREAM.

I GUESS its either LADY0101 or MANGA. Try both.

If you have it set up and running and you need more info on the setup of the upscaling so it matches the DREAM, I will be here willing to help

Its such a pity it stopped working for me all of sudden, but it happened many times before, maybe its caused by the nVidia driver update, I have no idea. Its just a hit and miss, Im sorry :X If u get the main GUI running, I will recall the rest of the settings and tell you

I can also help you process the upscalled images (upscalling will change the alpha to black solid color and u need to change that color black to alpha, I can do that in photoshop)

tundrowalker

Post by tundrowalker »

KoW / InterKarma,

In dungeons & interiors, DREAM textures have normal / bump maps that are working fine to give textures extra depth.

Outside, thought, DREAM textures are flat.

Is this b/c the DREAM textures are missing normals, or b/c DFU is using a simplified lighting model for exteriors that doesn't process normals to reduce processing?

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

tundrowalker wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:33 pm KoW / InterKarma,

In dungeons & interiors, DREAM textures have normal / bump maps that are working fine to give textures extra depth.

Outside, thought, DREAM textures are flat.

Is this b/c the DREAM textures are missing normals, or b/c DFU is using a simplified lighting model for exteriors that doesn't process normals to reduce processing?
Outside, all town buildings have normals and much more... just the terrain has no normals.

Thats because terrain is handled differently and creating those maps for it was infuriating and for me impossible

Lacus made some terrain textures with normals, but they are too bright and unusable to me.

IF the normals implementation get somehow improved, Im more than willing to implement them, but not in a current state of things

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Just disabled comments section on nexus DREAM page, what a relief :D

Lanjane

Post by Lanjane »

Why you disabled comments? There were too many toxic and stupid ones?

MasonFace

Post by MasonFace »

I meant to tell you that I've removed my 4x MOB upscales from PVE, so you can remove the note from your mod description.
PVE-Note.png
PVE-Note.png (34.4 KiB) Viewed 1387 times
Lanjane wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:58 pm Why you disabled comments? There were too many toxic and stupid ones?
That'd be my guess. I had a comment on my mod that just said "Mushy lol". I still have no clue what that's supposed to mean.
Last edited by MasonFace on Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BadLuckBurt

Post by BadLuckBurt »

Lanjane wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:58 pm Why you disabled comments? There were too many toxic and stupid ones?
He values his sanity ;)
DFU on UESP: https://en.uesp.net/w/index.php?title=T ... fall_Unity
DFU Nexus Mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity
My github repositories with mostly DFU related stuff: https://github.com/BadLuckBurt

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks for info MasonFace, sry I did not send u the front facing frames yet :oops:

BadLuck, yes.. gotta protect it :)

There were unreal levels of ignorance and plain stupidity there, and only like 5% of reasonable content. It just drained the life out of my soul reading it, I will consider it a bad dream and pretend it never happened.

Comunity at the forums here is golden, because its still small, full of ppl who are reasonable, friendly and knowledgeable.

Its good here, the DFU fortress.. outside.. not so much 😂

Lanjane

Post by Lanjane »

King of Worms wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:24 pm Comunity at the forums here is golden, because its still small, full of ppl who are reasonable, friendly and knowledgeable.
Its good here, the DFU fortress.. outside.. not so much 😂
I wonder what is the key factor in keeping this forum community sane, stable and grown up. My theory is that it's the "requires registration" thing. The more complex is the registration system, the less chance kids/trolls/ignorant people will join. On Nexus, there are literally a few clicks required to join and start spamming sick comments (which are mostly not moderated at all). And here... I bet they just get stuck on the "read terms and rules" section and go away ashamed :lol: