KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
King of Worms

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by King of Worms »

Baptor wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:39 am
pango wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:44 am DIablo 1 I think; Didn't recognize it myself (it's been so long since I played Diablo 1), but many people (players and viewers) do during streams...
YES! That's it! Town Portal I think made that noise - ah...I see what you did there.
King of Worms wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:32 am Still being a bit on the edge with the doors issue, its a month since last DFU release, I just hope we nearing the release cycle...
Are you talking about the dungeon doors? I noticed that I got trapped in a dungeon and couldn't leave until I disabled the textures mod the other day.
Yes, read the 1st sticky post here pls
https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfalluni ... ?tab=posts

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

pango wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:09 am
King of Worms wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:32 am Still being a bit on the edge with the doors issue, its a month since last DFU release, I just hope we nearing the release cycle...
Interkarma seems to be very busy at the moment...
I spent some time on remaining door problem and submitted a PR, hopefully that'll help having something releasable.
I'm not sure how we could make releasing more seamless... Testing is a time consuming aspect that can be handled several ways but I don't know all the ways that have already been tried (and maybe didn't work so well)...
Thanks for the update and the work you put in it Pango!
I feel a responsibility towards ppl having the issues, but I remind myself its a free product so... it will be corrected when its done :)
There are easy workarounds, so its nothing THAT gamebreaking. Everyone can open a console and type 2 words in it

pango

Post by pango »

In streams of 0.10.17 I see quests breaking down, thieves/DB guilds disappearing, heard about a quest breaking the journal display,... and at the moment I can't tell whether a new release would fix some of this.
So it's not like we're running out of bugs either...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Alpha is a proper shield against any acussations :)
I think this game works better than many AAA 60e releases, we willl get there! Theres no other way with Mr Patch Em Up on board 😊

pango

Post by pango »

The released but not yet announced 0.10.18 should fix the dungeon exit problem, without requiring a new release of DREAM even...
-- Charles Goodhart

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

pango wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:21 pm The released but not yet announced 0.10.18 should fix the dungeon exit problem, without requiring a new release of DREAM even...
Tested and confirmed, beautiful job!!!! I did not expect this to be possible to solve without me releasing a patch as well, Im happy :lol:
Thank you many times!

alphaTECH

Post by alphaTECH »

At Castle Daggerfall, incorrect rotation on brick texture on right side of wall at the top. Game is almost unplayable without a fix.

DigitalMonk

Post by DigitalMonk »

That's an error in the castle model, not the textures. DREAM can't fix that. Pretty sure it's doing what it did in Classic, but Classic's texture was probably too weak to particularly notice it...

pango

Post by pango »

If it happens without mods (and I guess it does), the most appropriate place to report textures uv bugs in here
-- Charles Goodhart

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Good joke Helegad :) and what Digital and Pango said, pls report it in the provided link so it can be fixed please
Last edited by King of Worms on Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.