KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
King of Worms

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by King of Worms »

I was thinking about the corpses of Deadra etc. They have zero emission. I was thinking it might be nice if they glowed just a bit. Maybe about 1/3 as much as when they were alive. I picture killing these creatures and their bodies slowly radiating less and less but that would be a significant challenge. just a bit of glow would be okay

I think the same - when I killed the Daedra it appeared strange that the dead body was dark all of sudden.
Some subtle glow would be nice. Im not sure if the emission maps work for the carcass tho..
Last edited by King of Worms on Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pango

Post by pango »

This bug is what stopped me from adding more emissive textures.
Also, plain Daggerfall Unity currently gives no control over the intensity of emission.

Maybe it'll work better using a mod?
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

King of Worms wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:47 pm Thank you, I must say I like em as well.

The only thing bothering me is, Im not sure if it might be better the other way, werewolf grey, boar brown. 1st world problems..

Adjusting the menu tab will be relatively easy
I think either way is fine. I do like Gray boars though. :)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

pango wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:07 pm This bug is what stopped me from adding more emissive textures.
Also, plain Daggerfall Unity currently gives no control over the intensity of emission.

Maybe it'll work better using a mod?
If using emission maps, I can control the emission strength by the brightness of that texture. At least it appears that way to me ;)

pango

Post by pango »

King of Worms wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:16 pm If using emission maps, I can control the emission strength by the brightness of that texture. At least it appears that way to me ;)
Yes. Without mods though, you can only say that you want a texture to be the emission texture for itself, so you have no such control.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Also a place called Yeten's Web(Daggerfall) has a dungeon door you cannot go through.

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

pango wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:04 pm
King of Worms wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:16 pm If using emission maps, I can control the emission strength by the brightness of that texture. At least it appears that way to me ;)
Yes. Without mods though, you can only say that you want a texture to be the emission texture for itself, so you have no such control.
I can, right off the bat, think of some very good uses for controllable, variable emissions: windows that emit variable amounts of light into a room depending on the time of day, windows that vary instead of being all lit the same amount on the exterior of houses, glowing enemies that fade after they die, doors leading out of a building leaking light from under the door depending on the time of day, dungeon exits that emit variable light depending on the time of day/night, light sources that vary slightly.
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

Firebrand

Post by Firebrand »

King of Worms wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:59 am Thanks a lot Pango, they look awesome now!

Btw I aim for a release today, but I cant 100% promise, it takes a lot of time to process everything and upload.
Plus I might encounter some problems on the way..

This time Ive made release notes all the time I was working on the update (I never did that before) - So the notes appear quite beefy. But thats because I usually forget half of what I did and it never makes to the release update notes :oops:

2020/ R1 Release notes
PAPERDOLL closed beta:

Darkened all of the elven, silver, dwemer, daedric armor parts to better match the rest

Re-processed all armor using denoising algo, it removed the AI upscaling artefacts, smoothened the color gradients and made the visuals better match the clean vanila style
(as a by-product of denoising there is a 1/3 optimalization at the memory usage level)

Further upscaled the current version of the faces (xBRZ with manual cleaning) using Waifu algo, for better detail and color gradients
I cannot find Paperdoll closed beta in Dream Windows 2020 - R1. Would it be available for test? :) ;)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

When it opens :)

Firebrand

Post by Firebrand »

King of Worms wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:37 pm When it opens :)
:) Of course! :lol: ;)