KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
harbinger451

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by harbinger451 »

The sitting/reclining lady is the goddess Dibella in person ... see here https://en.uesp.net/wiki/File:DF-npc-Dibella.png.

Not sure how or when you see her in the game ... or even if you do at all. I know you can summon daedra, but can you summon gods and goddesses too? If not, WHY NOT? Also if not, maybe that function should be added by someone?

Merlkir

Post by Merlkir »

Hey everyone,

I agreed to help out with painting faces, Nords for now.
Here are two I did today.
The colours might need tweaking to fit the body, but I tried to keep them less saturated in the long haired one.

edit: Also seeing them with the white background, there are some hair-like brush artifacts I left in, that probably should be erased. WIP, I guess. ;)
Attachments
FACE02I0.CIF_4-0.png
FACE02I0.CIF_4-0.png (496.74 KiB) Viewed 1143 times
FACE02I0.CIF_0-0.png
FACE02I0.CIF_0-0.png (224.71 KiB) Viewed 1143 times
Last edited by Merlkir on Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Merlkir

Post by Merlkir »

(and for fun, I attach versions of the heads I ran through PixaTool, giving them a pixel art look, while keeping them higher res.)
Attachments
FACE02I0.CIF_4-0repixelized5x.png
FACE02I0.CIF_4-0repixelized5x.png (41.36 KiB) Viewed 1143 times
FACE02I0.CIF_0-0repixelized5X.png
FACE02I0.CIF_0-0repixelized5X.png (36.59 KiB) Viewed 1143 times

NikitaTheTanner

Post by NikitaTheTanner »

These are actually real good! Some of the best new portraits that I've seen so far, and there have been really good ones! I get the Fire and Ice vibe from them, which I am pretty sure is a good thing :P Maybe I'll have to play a Nord barbarian with these :D

P.S. The pixelated high res sprites are actually a pretty good idea! I kinda felt that the smooth upscaled high res textures are a bit too muddy for my taste, and a bit too far away from the original, but this kinda solves both issues. I am not saying it should definitely be used, but I think it would be interesting to see the same treatment applied to other sprites, and how it looks in game.

Izendel

Post by Izendel »

Made Dibella texture replacement. Use temple statue mesh in order to test it. Looks nice, hope she is somwhere in the game.
Also replace ugly statue of Kynareth (??) texture.
Dibella.jpg
Dibella.jpg (1.21 MiB) Viewed 1063 times
Statue.jpg
Statue.jpg (791.28 KiB) Viewed 1063 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hi Merlkir,

thanks for dropping by here, your work is exceptional indeed and Im very happy to have you onboard!

Also that pixa tool is looking great, and I might try using it on some assets later, when the whole mod is ready. I was just hoping for a free version.. :lol:

Anyway, Ive downloaded both faces for now and will test em in game asap. Ive tested the 1st one yesterday and the eyes and all facial features fit in the helmets without a need for any adjustments, which is a welcomed change for me :D

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hi Izendel,

yup its a beautiful sprite and if she is not in the game, than we have to get her there, as well as all the other missing art/sprites.

I think we might place her in the game in the new taverns which Uncanny is creating. I still have to talk with him about some sprites I miss there, so maybe he will agree. I just wonder if she is in a usable form... like you can click on her and have a conversation. But I guess she is, and if not, it will be doable.

Statue is easy to get in the game. And as Ive said, I will use it for one variant.

About the PM you sent me
..how many times the resolution of textures in DREAM must be larger compare to originals? x8 ? x10?
Well it depends on what specific texture we talk about.
Also do you mean textures or sprites? There are too many texture/sprite types to answer in one number. And I never went just by one number anyway.

Very roughly, my NPCs are cca 1080 pixels tall
Medium trees are cca 1000p, high tree is 2000p tall, flower is 256, bush is 512...

Building wall textures is 1024*512
Floor/ceiling is either 512*512 or 1024*1024
HUD pictures are up to 1920*1200 (6x 320*200)
Biggest MOB sprite is 2200*1200 smallest like 300*500
Handheld weapons vary a LOT
Paperdoll items vary a LOT as well...

Specify pls..

Izendel

Post by Izendel »

I suggested that you multiply the base resolution of game texture by some coefficient (i.e. x10) to keep the proportions. Your approach with fixed height for NPC, or other types, means that it not always convinient to calculate the width of texture, when you are not familiar with that specific requirements.

Izendel

Post by Izendel »

King of Worms wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:09 pm Statue is easy to get in the game. And as Ive said, I will use it for one variant.
This statue is modified version of Kynareth statue with different clothing, not fully naked and slightly different hand and head position. Its sprite is narrower than sprite of Kynareth statue.

NikitaTheTanner

Post by NikitaTheTanner »

Dibella is looking real nice, Izendel! I love this version, especially the face, but suggest keeping the nipples pierced for more fun :P