KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
King of Worms

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by King of Worms »

This castle had very bad textures in RC5 (just upscale of original and it did not work too well) so I completely remade this in both summer and winter variants, created new normal and height maps. It looks proper now.

Im thinking about adding a iron bars to the windows like this, because they dont look too realistic being completely open...
01.jpg
01.jpg (538.61 KiB) Viewed 1189 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Also.. ive been playing DFU and I must say I like my new rats with softened red glowing eyes. It just fits the game perfectly.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Also, if there is anything u dont like abozlut the DREAM, screenshot it and put it here. I need the feedback. Not that I promise I will change everything according to suggestions - because I need to keep it coherent - but if the idea is right (or the texture/sprite is really bad) I can work on it.

Thank u

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

I haven't had a chance to try out the recent version yet, but just wanted to say a big "thank you" to KOW and all contributors to this incredible mod for your continued hard work!

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

Somehow I stopped getting notified about this page... Anyhow Amazing new updates and changes!

I'm sure you've heard that paperdoll gear is now texture mod-able? Should we be looking forward to it soon?

Zonk

Post by Zonk »

My only suggestion is maybe the exterior castle texture looks a little too glossy, it has a sort of wet look. That look is fine in dungeons in sewers but it looks a little strange outside in ambient light. Dry stone wall typically wouldn't reflect that much light from the environment, maybe a softer normal map?

That's all I can suggest, otherwise it looks great, the parallax maps always blow my mind by how much realism it gives the textures.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Adrinus wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:22 pm Somehow I stopped getting notified about this page... Anyhow Amazing new updates and changes!

I'm sure you've heard that paperdoll gear is now texture mod-able? Should we be looking forward to it soon?
Nice to see u Adrinus, thank you :) And thanks Mike Prichard.
Well... gear comes last.. and not sure I will ever do that. I want to do the paperdoll bodies 1st, I can do that (eventho its much harder than I originally thought) - than there are heads, which are separated. Those are almost impossible to get right with AI or upscalling...

Maybe you want to try some of the heads? I can prescale them so its easier to work on em.... just a idea ;)

Gear is too hard to do, u must do all the material variants etc, not for me... too boring and tedious

Zonk, I will consider it. But here its just 0.1 smoothness, I can change that to 0 but it will not be a big difference

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Made a new floor at a inn, again it was previously very low detail upscale of the original. I hope it fits ok
Floors are relatively easy to do, and they really define a overall look a lot
Spoiler!
01.jpg
01.jpg (558.62 KiB) Viewed 1071 times

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

King of Worms wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:44 am
Adrinus wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:22 pm Somehow I stopped getting notified about this page... Anyhow Amazing new updates and changes!

Nice to see u Adrinus, thank you :) And thanks Mike Prichard.
Well... gear comes last.. and not sure I will ever do that. I want to do the paperdoll bodies 1st, I can do that (eventho its much harder than I originally thought) - than there are heads, which are separated. Those are almost impossible to get right with AI or upscalling...

Maybe you want to try some of the heads? I can prescale them so its easier to work on em.... just a idea ;)

Gear is too hard to do, u must do all the material variants etc, not for me... too boring and tedious

Zonk, I will consider it. But here its just 0.1 smoothness, I can change that to 0 but it will not be a big difference
Send me the upscales of the faces. Try doing one set of equipment, and then you or I can color-shift them: just like in classic.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Ok will do so in both cases, thank you Adrinus!